Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Questioning my play with TT, $5+.50, 5 players left

A few questions on my play..

1. I'm guessing raising was correct here, to force these limpers out, correct?

2. I'm unsure if betting this flop was a good move, as I could probably scare off anyone who has an ace.

3. Folding to his all in? I'm guessing he has something like A-low (I've seen him limp with anywhere from J-3o to AKs, but the only hand he actually bet was a JT that hit top 2 pair. I'm guessing folding against this kind of player is right.

Thanks so much!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter

Button (t1530)
SB (t2220)
Hero (t2920)
UTG (t2765)
MP (t4065)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t100, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t300</font>, Button calls t200, SB folds.

Flop: (t700) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t400</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1230</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t2330
Old 09-14-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Questioning my play with TT, $5+.50, 5 players left

1. Yeah I raise to force any weak over holders out.

2. Kind of a toughy, but betting the flop (if he isn't holding an Ace) makes him think or fold.

3. Yeah fold...if he's gonna re-raise with that flop your likely beat.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Questioning my play with TT, $5+.50, 5 players left

I think you should raise more preflop. I try and raise pot preflop except in very extreme situations. So you want to raise 300 here, or raise to 400. I like the flop play provided you haven't seen this guy donk off money on a paired flop already (at 5.50s, there's a clear breed of players who don't believe in trips). If you're not sure you'll be able to fold to a raise, try check/calling the flop and reevaluate the turn, but your line is fune.