Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 08:48 AM

Default 6 max... AA gets capped into nasty board, can I raise river flush?

This hand made me throw up in my mouth, I dont see alot I can beat after he 3 bets the turn. The river card is a good one for me, but decent player capped it with me preflop and 3 bets me on a KJ33 board?? Even with the A high flush im not thrilled.. does anyone raise here and crying call when he runs into a boat?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
Old 08-27-2005, 08:55 AM

Default Re: 6 max... AA gets capped into nasty board, can I raise river flush?

I raise the flop. If he's decent I see no value in a river raise.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the flop. If he's decent I see no value in a river raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

In hindsight it would have made this hand alot easier to play, but I wanted to get a raise in on the turn, it just so happens another possible set making card came off and made it awkward when I get 3-bet
Old 08-27-2005, 09:13 AM

I'd have definitely raised the flop, I can't see any reason not to. He didn't cap preflop with a 3 in his hand.

I guess the rest of the hand I'd play as you did, he does seem to be betting as if he's got pocket j's, q's, or k's, any of which give him the full house by the river.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd have definitely raised the flop, I can't see any reason not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, any pair below jacks he is check/calling or check/folding on the turn if I raise the flop. AK or AQ he is doing the same barring him hitting his card.

So there are two hands I want to raise here, KK and QQ, and 77-TT and AK/AQ that I dont want to raise for value of deception so that they will fire into me again on the turn and I can make an extra small bet when I raise... make sense or flawed logic?
Old 08-27-2005, 09:30 AM

I don't think he automatically folds AK on the turn, a lower pocket pair might not even fold putting you on AK trying to buy the pot on this ragged board. Plus you'll get alot of action from pocket pairs higher than queens if you raise now.

Having said that he probably will fold that AK and lower pokcet pairs if you wait for the turn sensing a monster, and you won't get as much value out of QQ and KK.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:02 AM

I think the only thing I do different, raise flop, probably call down turn and river. I put him on KK,QQ,JJ,AKs(capped pre-flop)
Old 08-27-2005, 10:20 AM

Looks like MP has JJ or KK, when he 3-bets the turn.

Its worth calling the turn raise for the chance of making a higher boat on the river. (4 outs)

I am not sure that calling the river UI is worthwhile, although in the heat of battle I expect that is what I would have done.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:41 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

you played it fine.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like MP has JJ or KK, when he 3-bets the turn.

Its worth calling the turn raise for the chance of making a higher boat on the river. (4 outs)

I am not sure that calling the river UI is worthwhile, although in the heat of battle I expect that is what I would have done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things - which 4 outs does he have to improve to a higher boat, I only count the two remaining aces? Also, you don't like the call when Hero makes the A-high flush on the river?

Personally I think the hand was played fine, but I would've gone ahead and raised/capped the flop. The turn 3-bet does show strength, but MP could just as easily be very aggressive with AKs.