Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Buying a laptop- any recommendations?

I searched some old threads but wasn't happy with what I found. I am basically buying the machine so that when I travel I can play poker, but I'd also like it to be capable of playing games like Warcraft etc...My biggest concern is multitabling, so what do I need to know to make sure I can play 4 tables smoothly?
Old 06-25-2004, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Buying a laptop- any recommendations?

[ QUOTE ]
My biggest concern is multitabling, so what do I need to know to make sure I can play 4 tables smoothly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably 4 laptop computers, so you can put one on each table. I'd also advise a good chair with really good wheels. I've found the best configuration is to place the tables in a U shape, because I can also then "back pedal" out of the open end of the "U" straight to the bathrooom without having to stand up.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:44 AM

I dont know if your concern is portability, if you really want a true protable computer and not the 7-8 lbs desktop replacement laptop's. I just recently purchased a Sony Vaio PCG-TR3AP3 which is a very small computer with 10.6" widescreen, 1280x768 is the maximum resolution, or something like that. I can 4table easy on this, with overlap ofcourse.

It's the best laptop I have ever had. Weighs like 2-3lbs. But if you can't take the overlap, this probarly aint for you. Check www.sony-style.com or www.sony.com to check it out..

GL!
Old 06-25-2004, 11:52 AM

The problem I have w/ Sonys is that they tend to not be as reliable. The Viao's are really nice and light though. I wouldnt' buy anything else than a Dell or a Sony. Sony if you want light and snazzy and Dell if you want reliable and higher powered but heavy. I have 2 Dells and I think that overall they are better, but the Sonys are nice and light.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know if your concern is portability, if you really want a true protable computer and not the 7-8 lbs desktop replacement laptop's. I just recently purchased a Sony Vaio PCG-TR3AP3 which is a very small computer with 10.6" widescreen, 1280x768 is the maximum resolution, or something like that. I can 4table easy on this, with overlap ofcourse.

It's the best laptop I have ever had. Weighs like 2-3lbs. But if you can't take the overlap, this probarly aint for you. Check www.sony-style.com or www.sony.com to check it out..

GL!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the computer I am trying to get. As far as Multi tabling, one table takes up about 89% of the 10" screen. But it is by far the most portable one out there.

If you don't mind lugging around heavy laptops, get the Sony 17" one. It will be able to support any games liek Warcraft, plus multitabling won't be a problem.

I think it wieghs like 15 pounds though.

-AA
Old 06-25-2004, 12:48 PM

Let me add a warning about SONY. I tried to purchase the Vaio from Sonys onlinestore. I got charged for the laptop 6 times, and when I talked to support via telephone, they had no idea where my money was... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It all had a good ending, but my advice is to call them and place the order, dont use the onlineordering system! (Took about 10 days before all the moeny was refunded aswell)
Old 06-25-2004, 12:55 PM

I just bought the DELL Inspiron 9100 with full options from the refurbished dell store - got a whole lot of computer for 1500 bucks, including wireless internet and loaded options. I can 4 table when traveling and 8 table with it at home by hooking up my desktop monitor to it and running two screens...
Old 06-25-2004, 05:02 PM

Someone else mentioned Dell and I'd like to chime in that I'm happy with it as well. I have a Dell Inspiron 5100, I got last year, and I can play 8 tables on it at home no problem, I'd assume I could play 8 while traveling too aslong as I could move the mouse easily. (I cant get used to those touch pads at all) Sometimes the comp gets hot with 8 tables so I have a fan that blows on it next to me, but it can handle 4 tables without it.

Ponks
Old 06-25-2004, 05:27 PM

That sounds like a good deal. I'll check it out myself. Thanks.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:18 PM

I just purchased the Toshiba A75-S226 with the wide screen. Vey nice and great performance. Also like the wide screen for multi-tables. Two thumbs up.