Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2005, 05:00 PM

Default My first trip to the Wynn poker room (long)

I didn't explore the property... just the poker room.

The room is very close to the self park garage, close enough to restrooms, and way away from slot noise. The room is very nice and there's much more room between tables than at the Mirage. The dealers were pretty good for the most part, again better than the Mirage.

I like that they have screens showing the wait/interest lists. I didn't like that they were inserting people ahead of me in the list, saying they had called and someone had forgot to put them on. Took half an hour to get seated at 8/16 HE at 8p night before Thanksgiving. There were two tables of 8/16 going.

My table was full of rocks and locals. At one point, everybody knew each other except me... I'm in from out of town visiting family for the holiday.

Cocktail service was TERRIBLE. Worst I can remember, honestly. They didn't do a good job of keeping the table full even though there was a list, despite repeated reminders. Rate reduction is at 6 players. Rake is max $4, with the fourth dollar dropping at $90 pot. No peculiar rules or anything to speak of.

Dealers ignored requests by various players to keep the game moving. We had one guy for a bit that took 20 seconds to act every single time action was on him.

The game eventually juiced up with some tourists and alcohol and I was fortunate enough to clear a 30+ BB profit in 6 hours.

Overall, I wasn't wowed by any stretch. It's nice to have another option on par with the Bellagio, and they were generally nicer at the Wynn than at the Bellagio, but maybe I was expecting something more.

-Ritmo