Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: ADD EMPIRE POKER TO BLACKLISTED SITES!!!!

This shouldn't be a "EMPIRE SUCKS" thread, it should be "the gravy tain has ended" thread.

Yeah, bonuses are getting harder to come by, that sucks oh well.

Ask yourself what ther purpose of a reload bonus is.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My point was that if you play a lot at Empire because of rakeback, you could just as easily move to Eurobet or Multipoker and continue to get your rakeback and play the same tables...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. Get back at Empire for giving a 15x bonus by going to MultiPoker ... where they offer a 20x bonus?
Old 06-23-2005, 04:26 PM

I'd be pretty happy with a few less TAGs at Empire.

buh bye
Old 06-23-2005, 04:29 PM

Yes, they all turn to fish when they sign in through Party...or Eurobet...or Interops........

WiteKnite
Old 06-23-2005, 04:30 PM

Reading this post I think they made a wise decision.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My point was that if you play a lot at Empire because of rakeback, you could just as easily move to Eurobet or Multipoker and continue to get your rakeback and play the same tables...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. Get back at Empire for giving a 15x bonus by going to MultiPoker ... where they offer a 20x bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

My complaint with Empire isnt about the bonuses (I think Multi's bonus sucks worse), but if you play alot, rakeback is also offered for Eurobet and Multipoker and you can easily move your play there. Hell, they could offer no bonuses for all I care (there are plenty of other sites to whore). Its about the fact that they treat their customers like crap and dont communicate what it takes to (a) allow you remain a customer of Empire, and (b) if you do remain a customer, how to properly earn a bonus. Just look how long this and other threads (both on this topic and the banning of accounts) have become because they cant communicate their decisions appropriately.

I know for at least one customer (me) who plays a fair amount each month, I wont be going back to them unless they make some changes.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:00 PM

Before today I never thought I'd be posting in a "Empire sucks they are mean about bonuses" thread in agreement, but I'm just disgusted about this 15 day thing. I leave way more money in Empire than I need to to play 1/2. (1,400 right now) but because I made a ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR cashout 10 days ago, I'm banned from doing the bonus. This would be super if they listed it on their site, but they simply don't.

I love the Party network and their beautiful plentiful fish, but you know what? Forget it. I'm done with Empire during regular play. I'll play when they offer a reload, and make sure I play just enough so it costs them a few bucks even if it is a 15x bonus, then leave. I have rakeback at Eurobet, but I'm using my poker dollars to make as much of a statement as possible.

I'm just going to take my money to Absolute, who have been trying their damndest to be a better site and cater to the players. I hate 9 player tables, but with how much 9 max exists at Party 1/2 it isn't going to be much of a difference.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I think they're taking the right approach. They're putting in business rules to reward their customers and not the whores.

[/ QUOTE ]Maybe you dont understand what has happened. The whores got banned. THe regulars (aka cuctomers) are ineligible as they made withdraws in the last 2 weeks before the bonus was even announced.

They have alienated everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, nice of you to selectively delete my quote about the banning being stupid.

I do understand. Empire is trying to set up business rules to encourage fish to redeposit. They don't want to reward people who are just pulling money and then redepositing it again later.

If you're a winning player that cashes out regularly, Empire gains nothing by giving you a reload bonus. All tha that happens is you deposit it, then pull it a while later when you make the bonus. If there was no bonus, you'd be playing anyway.

If you're a fish, that reload is what entices you to bring money onto the site and play. Otherwise they wouldn't play at all.

I certainly will miss the bonuses, but the entire point of them is to encourage fish to bring money in to play. Without it, the fish might not play at all. For 2+2'ers the bonus makes no difference to the number of hands we play on the site.

The banning is retarded. If they don't want whores, change the rules to make whoring difficult. Which they've done. The banning is stupid after that.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:14 PM

The message boards used by affiliates to discuss their business is very very happy and excited by the moves Party and the skins are making. They feel they will be making much much more now. Their next push/hope is to now rid the sites of affiliate rakeback deals. They also are pushing to get back their signups who fled to an "illegal" rakeback affiliate. At the very least, they expect Party to 'redistribute' the illegal rakeback players to the 'legal' affiliates who have lost income from this activity.

I guess there's a lot of affiliates offering no rakeback. They keep talking about the "old days" when there profits were much more. I guess they like other peoples money. Who can blame the affiliates for pressuring the sites? Afterall, they are the ones bringing in many of the players. They deserve there 30% cut without having to kickback anything to its signups. Or so they believe.

I guess the poker players lose again. But then, we are only there to create rake for the site and it's affiliate. We are just the pawn who churns out the profits. Why should we have any say in what goes on between the sites and it's affiliates?

For affiliates, they are purely driven by profits from their signups. They care little about poker, other than it's a means to acquire income. In some cases, massive income. They stumbled upon a good thing. They intend to keep it a good thing for as long as possible. They'd rather the players producing the income get nothing back from the sights in forms of reloads, as it reduces their 'cut' from that players rake.

The blame can't entirely be put on Party anymore. They have a very vocal silent partner they must appease. This is a typical attitude of a typical Party affiliate:

[ QUOTE ]
I target the nickle and dime players and to me it is a numbers game. I send Party Poker massive amounts of play money players each month (who eventually convert to real money) to replace the players who went broke the previous month. These guys are clueless about the rake and I prefer it that way. Rake back has not impacted my earnings so far, but I am still very much against it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read their boards for yourself though. In some ways, I think Partys main focus is on keeping affiliates happy and wealthy, and not on keeping players happy and satisfied.
That is their choice.

http://partyriches.com/forums/index....mp;hl=rakeback

Luckily, as a player, I have a choice of sites to play. I'd rather play at sites not so caught up in their 30% partners (affiliates) and who instead kickback that money to the players who generate the income.

Having a choice is all that matters. Theres no reason to bitch and moan about a site when we have the freedom to choose other sites.

Everyone! Have a great day!
Old 06-23-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Luckily, as a player, I have a choice of sites to play. I'd rather play at sites not so caught up in their 30% partners (affiliates) and who instead kickback that money to the players who generate the income.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is always the site who makes everyone a 27% kickback affiliate and cares about the players and has great support and is willing to try outlandish propositions with players for WSOP seats and has funky graphics (which aren't that bad) and has a group of psycho players = TruePoker.

Or the slightly less great support and much more frequent (and larger) bonuses than Party and Co ever dreamed of giving (seriously, when is the last time Party and Co offered $1200 in monthly bonuses?) and has moderately decent software - Absolute.