Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: ADD EMPIRE POKER TO BLACKLISTED SITES!!!!

How dare Empire put rules on the free money they're giving out! Outrageous! Seriously, folks, if you don't like their bonus, don't play it. Move on!
Old 06-23-2005, 03:08 PM

Actually, I think they're taking the right approach. They're putting in business rules to reward their customers and not the whores.

- Large hand counts for reloads. Favors their consistent customers
- No "pull out/redeposit". Favors people actually putting in new money, which is what Empire wants.

The banning people is lame though. Just put in the rules to prevent the behavior.

After I complete a bonus at a site I whore I pull out the cash to netteller and there it will sit for a month until they get a new bonus, so the 15 day limit won't bother me. However, with the large raked hand requirements, I just dno't bother anymore.

The only people that really suffer here are the whores that depend on the bonuses to cover their losses. Don't get me wrong, I like whoring myself, but I always though it was a pretty big loophole in the system.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I think they're taking the right approach. They're putting in business rules to reward their customers and not the whores.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you dont understand what has happened. The whores got banned. THe regulars (aka cuctomers) are ineligible as they made withdraws in the last 2 weeks before the bonus was even announced.

They have alienated everyone.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:18 PM

The use of all caps--like this is a national emergenc--is nice, but to really capture that mouth-frothing, fanatical, socially maladjusted feel, your title needs to read something like:

ADD EMPIRE POKER TO BLACKLISTED SITES!!!1!
Old 06-23-2005, 03:24 PM

Exactly, and some people are actually winning players that make regular withdrawals of their winnings.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:26 PM

Wait, I must be blind or retarded, but I can't find anywhere on Empire's site a T&C that states you can't withdraw within 15 days of a bonus. Would someone please point me there, or are lots of people just jumping to conclusions irrationally?

There is actually a 'no withdrawal' clause right there in the front page of T&C's for this promotion, and it only says you cannot withdraw during the actual bonus period.

" If you cash out any amount from your EmpirePoker.com account during the Bonus Period, but prior to making a qualifying deposit, you are ineligible for the deposit bonus."

So why don't we chill out and let Empire fix the problem of 'Elapsed' bonuses before we start to panic?
Old 06-23-2005, 03:27 PM

If I was EP I would do the same
Old 06-23-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I think they're taking the right approach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely incorrect.

I play the majority of my hands at Empire. I only chase bonuses at a select few sites. I can't be bothered with lousy software and poor table selection for the sake of a $100 bonus.

I am the customer that Empire should be working to keep satisfied. But I'm denied the bonus because I made a withdrawal last week? Before I was even aware that a bonus would become available?

I couldn't give less of a hoot about the bonus itself. Its the message they are sending.

Very irksome.

If rakeback existed at PokerStars, I'd never play another hand at Empire. But seeing as its the only party skin where I have rakeback...well, they've got me by the short and curlies.

If you cash out any amount from your EmpirePoker.com account <font color="red">during</font> the Bonus Period, but prior to making a qualifying deposit, you are ineligible for the deposit bonus.

Where is the 15 day proviso?
Old 06-23-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There is actually a 'no withdrawal' clause right there in the front page of T&amp;C's for this promotion, and it only says you cannot withdraw during the actual bonus period.

" If you cash out any amount from your EmpirePoker.com account during the Bonus Period, but prior to making a qualifying deposit, you are ineligible for the deposit bonus."

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:00 PM

go cry somewhere else.

please.