Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Empire KK problem hand

I just finished the Empire Reload (1000 Raked hands) at the $50 NL tables. I felt like I played great poker but this one hand sticks out as a possible mistake. Please give your input.

Hero is in middle position. Villian is in early position, other player is in late position.

Villian limps in (.25) Hero raises to $3 w/ KK (after 2-3 limpers) Other player calls. Villian calls. (Hero has villian covered and there is roughly $10 in pot)

Flop comes Q73 (rainbow)
Villian checks, Hero bets $10, Other folds, Villian raises $44 (all in), Hero ?????

I was multi tabling and had no read on the villian. Is this an insta-call? insta-fold? in between?
Old 07-12-2005, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Empire KK problem hand

are you using playerview? tracker stats? you need reads on your opponents and multitabling this is how to get them

why are you betting so much on the flop, you only have a pair, have shown a great deal of strength, and will only be called by AQ

easy fold imho
Old 07-12-2005, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you using playerview? tracker stats? you need reads on your opponents and multitabling this is how to get them

why are you betting so much on the flop, you only have a pair, have shown a great deal of strength, and will only be called by AQ

easy fold imho

[/ QUOTE ]

He is betting the pot on flop, which is fine. Without a read, I fold this pretty quickly though. He basically tells you he has a set.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:21 AM

this flop bet is silly there is NO DRAW AND HIS HAND IS EASILY READABLE
Old 07-12-2005, 07:26 AM

How is his hand less readable if he bets say 2/3. I'd probably bet about 3/4 (my standard continuation bet), but as long as he bets the same amount with say A K or Q Q(the times he bets A K) I have no problem with it.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:27 AM

the preflop raise man!
Old 07-12-2005, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

easy fold imho

[/ QUOTE ]

He is betting the pot on flop, which is fine. Without a read, I fold this pretty quickly though. He basically tells you he has a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks more like AA than a set. No need for a set to play this way on that drawless board.