Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2003, 06:52 PM

Default missed draw, or missed bet?

Greetings all. I am fairly new to posting so please bear with me. Anyway, on with the hand. Typical 15-30 game that is in a bit of a lull with 3 chops last round. MP open limps, CO limps, button raises, I throw in 4 chips with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and all call seeing the flop 5 ways. About the players: CO came to play and have fun, in other words, loves the action. Button is from out of town but seems like he doesn't get out of line too much.
Flop of K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checked to CO who bets. This bet litteraly could mean a number of things, but he will often check call with top pair against a raiser. Button raises, I 3bet, CO caps it at 4 bets. Turn card is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and it gets checked around. River card is the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I bet and get called by the button who says "here's a gift." and shows T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. So, is this simply an obvious missed bet on the turn? Does everyone also bet the river if they bet the turn? All comments welcome.

turtlestar
Old 08-07-2003, 09:13 PM

Default Re: missed draw, or missed bet?

hi turtlestar
if you posted correctly, you are only A high on the turn and behind the T8d both on the turn and river.

whew.....just had a flood in my bath-room. stupid toilet thingie.....ok, where were we? you are motioning with Axs. ok.....you have ....and he has the......ok.

turtlestar, i don't know whether you played the hand correctly, but i'm glad you posted because while replying i was able to hear the water running and got the towels down before the water reached my wooden floors. your post saved me a good 500 dollars! and i did just wax.

yea, the lid was off the toilet in mid-maintenance repair for a few days now; i was putting it off. and the little rubber hose thing detached from something or other and was shooting water against the bath-room wall.

thank-you turtlegirl. because you had me pinned to my keyboard with your excellent post, the water didn't over-flow onto the wooden floor.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:59 AM

Default Re: missed draw, or missed bet?

You played the hand fine, especially the great 3-bet on the flop. When your opponents won't fold middle pair, there's nothing you can do to win the hand with Ace-high.