Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: some questions

"let the hands that have no chance or a weak-ish draw etc. (underpairs, whatever) lead out or bluff at the pot. It's a little extra EV."

but this is not online. i cant be sure the guy will bet for me. he might check with AK or 66 or whatever and i especially dont want him to check AK here because he has a 7 outer!
Old 09-26-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"let the hands that have no chance or a weak-ish draw etc. (underpairs, whatever) lead out or bluff at the pot. It's a little extra EV."

but this is not online. i cant be sure the guy will bet for me. he might check with AK or 66 or whatever and i especially dont want him to check AK here because he has a 7 outer!

[/ QUOTE ]

then dont bet all in. bet enough to price out a 7 outer. (obviously you're committed regardless)

also, i wouldn't be (especially live) afraid of this flop going check/check. if you check most people will "jump" on the weakness and make some kind of bet. maybe the west coast games are different though from east coast. (live 5/5 that is)
Old 09-26-2005, 01:20 AM

"maybe the west coast games are different though from east coast."

if by "west coast" you mean southern california (not SF bay), and by "different" you mean people play more horridly than you would ever imagine possible, then yes youve got it right.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:23 AM

Default result

well anyway i pushed even though i didnt like the flop but i felt the pot was too big to do anything else and he didnt have enough for me to do anything else. if he had $1500-2000 or more i wouldve had to have a different plan. i have no idea what that plan wouldve been of course...

anyway he had JJ for a set and i turned a K for the winner and rivered a K just to rub it in.

anyway i think his call preflop of my $300 overbet is comedy.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"maybe the west coast games are different though from east coast."

if by "west coast" you mean southern california (not SF bay), and by "different" you mean people play more horridly than you would ever imagine possible, then yes youve got it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha no way man east coast are way worse!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I meant people putting 300 in preflop w/ something then (even 3 overcards to something like 88) not making some kind of (irreverant) stab at the pot. general aggression level even for the fish, I mean.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: result

[ QUOTE ]
anyway i think his call preflop of my $300 overbet is comedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking your bet and his call were horrible/comedy

after your call of his raise, there's what.... 105 in pot.. not a fan of this play, but i do like the push on the flop

i have lost too much giving free cards, you're calling his all in anyway, so i'd rather apply pressure than have it applied. i'm sure there are a lot of people here that will disagree, but i generally like a bet rather than call style in "most" cases
Old 09-26-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he had $1500-2000 or more i wouldve had to have a different plan. i have no idea what that plan wouldve been of course...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, for starters, are you doing the same thing preflop if villain has 2k behind him?

Personally I think this scenario is more discussion-worthy, preflop and on the flop.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:20 AM

"Well, for starters, are you doing the same thing preflop if villain has 2k behind him?"

probably. what would you do if he had me covered let's say 3k?
Old 09-26-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: KK correct?

The limp-raise looks good because of stacksizes and image of table.

You're commited after the flop so an all-in bet is in order imo.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:38 AM

With stacks of 2k-3k I think it's better to open with a normal raise because the limp-reraise gives tha hand away and you're out of position with much money left to bet.