Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Hud - Version 0.29 Released - UltimateBet Support

[ QUOTE ]
i'm using prima and after installing this new version and opening the hud, my prima screen freezes. as i close acehud, the poker screen comes back.

I also noticed in the last version (i'm not sure if this is fixed yet) that in the Prima h/u tables the stats are mostly non-existent. They sometimes flicker on the top right corner of the screen while the player is seated no where near that.

thanks for the software

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind turning on logging and super logging, reproducing the problem, and emailing the PAHud.log file to pkrace@gmail.com? Thanks.

As for heads up tables, they are currently not supported. I will be adding support for them, but I want to make some changes to the layout manager to make creating and managing layouts a lot easier.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now the Won SD when Raise Turn stat...Im assuming anything above 60 percent on that stat means to watch out...am I correct. What kind of numbers mean what there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't done extensive research on the values of this stat. That would be the job of someone with a large database.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'll continue to use gametime+ because of the "autofetch last 100-400 hands" feature

[/ QUOTE ]

PA Hud will prefetch UB hands for you as well. Read the new tutorial for more information.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome. any performance tweaks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Performance as in where? Are you experiencing performance problems?
Old 09-20-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome. any performance tweaks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Performance as in where? Are you experiencing performance problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

PA worked fine for me til i hit about 300k hands, then it started to slow down a bit. I tweaked the refresh times and all but it still takes a lot longer. After compacting my db etc it still took forever. I made a new DB and linked PA to only 3 of my databases (I had it linked to 20 before) and it works super fast. You may want to look at performance issues when linking several databases which are all over 1gig.

my only real beef with PA so far is im changing displayed stats a lot and its difficult to get them to align up. I also have issues with popup stats coming up when i dont want it to.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:00 PM

I have a few users who have very large databases with no slowdowns at all. Are you using PostgreSQL? If not, you should look into it. Also, CPU, memory and Harddrive speed might be factors as well.

Using the Snap to Grid option in the layout manager should help you align stats easier. Popup stats should only appear if you click on a player's name. When you go to a window, do you click on players to give the window focus?
Old 09-21-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PA worked fine for me til i hit about 300k hands, then it started to slow down a bit. I tweaked the refresh times and all but it still takes a lot longer. After compacting my db etc it still took forever. I made a new DB and linked PA to only 3 of my databases (I had it linked to 20 before) and it works super fast. You may want to look at performance issues when linking several databases which are all over 1gig.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

20 Databases and you expect no slowdown? You do realize that for each player, you are making 20 queries on 20 different postgres connections. If you have 8 tables open, thats 8 tables * 10 players * 20 queries = 1600 possible queries. Plus you then have to combine the result sets of each of the 20 queries. Unfortunately, postgres does not allow cross database queries at this point (although it is supposed to be coming in the next version) therefore there is nothing that we can do. Regardless, no matter what Postgres does nor we do, if you are using 20 different database I would expect significant slowdown. 20 databases is completely unnecessary and overkill IMHO, but to each their own.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:05 AM

I'm getting the stats falling out of order at UB, due to the repositioning of me at the bottom - solutions?
Old 09-21-2005, 01:21 AM

It should be adjusting for that. Can you enable logging and super logging and email the PAHud.log file to pkrace@gmail.com? Thanks.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:31 AM

Something is wrong with the color scheme in the popup stats. I can't see them properly anymore.

Speaking of which, please add the ability to change font & color in the pop-up

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]