Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - Version 0.27 Released

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The site appears to be down, and my pokerace just expired...

Do I have to set my clock back on my computer now?
Old 09-12-2005, 02:00 AM

Keep trying, it seems to be up now.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep trying, it seems to be up now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... it appears I can't get in at this point... I"ll try tomorrow.

This is an awesome piece of software, thanks a lot!!

I do have a feature suggestion, though, two of them, and they're related.

It would be nice to be able to mimic seat #1's configuration across all seats, so that you don't have to set up each seat separately, and so that all the seats are the same rather than slightly different. It would just look cleaner that way. Kinda like cut-and-paste. I guess the routine would have to make sure that none of the stats flew off the page, where you wouldn't be able to access them. Also, you'd have to pick a standard: absolute or relative position to the table (i.e. if icon is at bottom of seat 1, is it at the bottom or the top of seat 6?). I'd suggest absolute, and then people can adjust the position of icons later (as the important things to remain uniform at the stat positions).

This would save us some time.

I'd also like to be able to, with this uniform information in the seats, set up tables like this too, at other formats:

Two options: "transfer with ranges", "transfer without ranges". (transfer without ranges could either transfer and reset ranges to default or leave them the way they are)

If you set up your party full ring the way you like it, then "transferred with ranges" to their 9-max settings, meaning that it takes all the player stats and it's position, relative to seat #1, and copies that setting to all seats on the party-9-max tables, as well as the table averages and moves them relativet to the top center of the table. It's also goes through each setting (VPIP), finds the colour-ranges and transfers those over.

At the 6-max, you choose "transfer without ranges", and it moves all the stats for player one, and all the table stats, but doesn't cahnge teh colour ranges (you would do that yourself).

You could also go party-6-max to pokerstars 6-max, etc.

I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement, as I'm pretty crappy at coding, so if I've told you to sail to the edge of the world, I'm sorry.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 04:41 AM

You might want to check to see if you are being blocked by a firewall. Many people have downloaded the update tonight, so I'm sure it's been up the majority of the time.

Functionality similar to what you want already exists. In the layout manager, under the options menu, there's an option to duplicate player seat. This takes the stats from one seat and positions the stats for the other seats in the same manner as the seat you chose.

I plan on adding more functionality to the Layout Manager to make it more friendly to work with. What you are asking for is similar to what I had in mind, so it's not asking too much.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You might want to check to see if you are being blocked by a firewall. Many people have downloaded the update tonight, so I'm sure it's been up the majority of the time.

Functionality similar to what you want already exists. In the layout manager, under the options menu, there's an option to duplicate player seat. This takes the stats from one seat and positions the stats for the other seats in the same manner as the seat you chose.

I plan on adding more functionality to the Layout Manager to make it more friendly to work with. What you are asking for is similar to what I had in mind, so it's not asking too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I got in eventually. I don't know if it was a firewall or not, as I haven't set one up on my computer. I do have a router, though, but I didn't change anything in order to get there, also, during this time I could browse the web no problem.

Wow... It's great that you already have this feature! Good job!

Any idea when you are going commercial with this program?
Old 09-12-2005, 03:24 PM

As I mentioned before, if I go commercial, it will only be after PA Hud is feature complete and rock solid. At any rate, I'm going to add support for the following sites prior to going commercial if I choose to do so:

Ultimate Bet
Full Tilt
PokerRoom
Pacific

It will likely take me at least until the end of the year to get all these sites added along with the many other features I have planned, if not longer. So PA Hud will definitely be free for at least that long.

Also, as I mentioned before, if I do go commercial, the price will be no more than $20-25.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:38 PM

First let me say you are 'the man' around poker town these days. When you first said you were going to create a program that does what playerview does, I was like "yeah right, we'll see."

Not only did you create one, you made one that BLOWS AWAY the competition and it's not even close.

Suggestion:

How about being able to customize the information displayed in the box when you click on the players name? I love all the new stats, but having them on the screen is creating a lot of clutter.

Also the biggest stat missing is the win% if bet/raise river.

Question: The "bet if checked to" stat -- this mostly useful if it were "bet if checked to and last to act"

IE if a player is 2nd to act out of 7 people, the first person checks and he bets, this doesn't mean as much as if all 6 checked then he bet.

Does this stat incorporate "if last to act" or is it simply bet if checked to, regardless of their position?

Thanks, and keep up the good work

PS your 'customer service' ROCKS as well, you are so quick to respond to all comments, much appreciated!!
Old 09-12-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How about being able to customize the information displayed in the box when you click on the players name? I love all the new stats, but having them on the screen is creating a lot of clutter.

[/ QUOTE ]

this feature already exists -- simply go to the layout manager and click "edit" then click "configure popup stats"

as far as the rest is concerned you will need to speak to the main man, pokerace.

cheers,
the Real Macoy

ps. sweet work on the upgrades!

any chance of paradise getting into that list?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First let me say you are 'the man' around poker town these days. When you first said you were going to create a program that does what playerview does, I was like "yeah right, we'll see."

Not only did you create one, you made one that BLOWS AWAY the competition and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Once I decided to go all out, I was determined to make something at least as good, if not better, than what was already out there. Mainly to prove those who doubted me wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TheRealMacoy already addressed your one suggestion, I'll address the rest.

[ QUOTE ]
Also the biggest stat missing is the win% if bet/raise river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a stat I would like to add. It will more likely be in terms of "Won Showdown when Raised Street", "Won Showdown when Check Raised Street"

[ QUOTE ]
Question: The "bet if checked to" stat -- this mostly useful if it were "bet if checked to and last to act"

IE if a player is 2nd to act out of 7 people, the first person checks and he bets, this doesn't mean as much as if all 6 checked then he bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it would be useful to have a stat that shows this. Unfortunately, I think it would be too CPU intensive to calculate for each player.

[ QUOTE ]
Does this stat incorporate "if last to act" or is it simply bet if checked to, regardless of their position?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's simply the percentage of time the player bets when checked to, regardless of position.

[ QUOTE ]
PS your 'customer service' ROCKS as well, you are so quick to respond to all comments, much appreciated!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, again, I'm trying my best. I know how much it sucks to deal with poor support.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any chance of paradise getting into that list?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]