Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 04:43 PM

Default PokerAce Hud - Version 0.25 Released - Many Changes and Fixes

I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Heads Up Display (PA Hud for short) version 0.25.

Download Version 0.25 here:
http://pokeracesoftware.com

What's New in Version 0.25:

# New Feature: Transparent background for stats.
# New Feature: Self stats have a separate refresh rate setting in the preferences.
# New Feature: PokerStars layout without player images is now available.
# New Feature: Table averages added: Went to Showdown, Won at Showdown, BB/100, Average Pot.
# Changed Feature: PokerStars support no longer uses the Instant Hand History window.
# Fixed: Saving issue. Saving layout changes will no longer time a long time.
# Fixed: Stats will now always appear when the "Visible" button is clicked.
# Fixed: Rounding issue when using zero decimal places.
# Fixed: Added text to the System Tray icon.
# Fixed: Application will no longer stop functioning if a database cannot connect.
# Fixed: $.50/1 limit problem with PokerStars.
# Fixed: Color range buttons now function properly when switching stats in the Layout Manager.
# Fixed: Minimized windows are no longer drawn on.
# Fixed: Popup stats now work properly with computers that have the mouse buttons swapped.

The biggest change in this version is that PA Hud no longer uses the Instant Hand History window for PokerStars. Instead, you need to specify your PokerStars hand history directory. The disadvantage of this is that observed tables won't have stats displayed. I've done some testing, and StarSpy doesn't write the hand histories in realtime, so it's not really possible to use it with PA Hud to get stats on observed tables. I've added a poll in the Features Request forum of PokerAceSoftware.com. This poll is to whether I should develop a separate application that grabs hands from the Instant Hand History window and writes them to disk in realtime. This application could be used with PA Hud to get hand history information on observed tables. Please vote using the poll I've added.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get in as many changes as I would have liked in this version due to lack of time. Most of my development time has been spent trying to fix bugs, many of which were difficult to hunt down. Those of you who were having performance issues may see these issues disappear with this version. A lot of changes have been made to increase performance, so please let me know if you still encounter performance or memory problems.

If you have a question or problem, please read the documentation included with PA Hud before posting or emailing. Chances are good that your issue is addressed by it.

A lot of the bugs that have been brought to my attention since the last release have been fixed. So, if you encounter a bug in this version that you were getting in an older version, please let me know.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or on the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Hud - Version 0.25 Released - Many Changes and Fixes

Great!

Just installed it and it seems to be even better than before.
Now it doesn't take a minute for get stats for 16 tables like it used to do.
Keep up the good work!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:27 PM

Have you by chance allowed stats to be shown on 2 of the same tables (from 2 different Party skins)? Related to this, do you know if performance has improved if you try to open a Party table that is already open on another skin?

Anyway, thanks again for your work.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:29 PM

I haven't done anything about single tables being opened in multiple skins. Is there a reason why you would do this?
Old 08-09-2005, 05:38 PM

Yes...Here's what happens...I'm datamining 12 tables and put my name on the WL for 1 of the tables on Party (which is the only place I play). Seat becomes available so I join it. I have to find and close down the other table to get the stats to show on Party. Thats not really that big of a deal (although it messes up the datamining application I use a little). The bigger problem is that unless I close down the other table BEFORE I join the Party table, my computer gets jammed up (100% CPU usage) for awhile and stays that way until I close the other table. Here's what I'd say about it: it basically just an inconvenience, but knowing your desire to have highly efficient code, I figured you'd be very interested in fixing it.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:49 PM

That's logical. I'll see what I can do.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:32 PM

Im trying to run PA on a temporary computer right now that doesnt have the full version of PT installed. I do have my database files, but there doesnt seem to be a way to to read them on their own with just the demo PT. Am I missing something or is it just not going to happen?

I know I can try to get another key from Pat, but this would be my third and Im not sure how many hes going to keep throwing my way. Thanks,
Old 08-09-2005, 11:12 PM

I've never tried using PA Hud with a trial version of PokerTracker. Someone else made a post on the PokerAceSoftware forums saying they were having problems as well. Perhaps it's not compatible.

You should email Pat about a new registration key. He's really good with support and as long as you aren't going overboard, I'm sure he'll be happy to help you out.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:21 PM

i don't save my hh's to the default directory, so this is my guess to y the stats r not loading for stars. loaded fine for party.

edit: ok found the "add directory"
Old 08-10-2005, 07:10 PM

am not getting my own stats displayed at party any more - even though I have selected refresh every 5 hands and have them shown on layout screen - any idea what causes this - was working in .23