Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: .
Paul Philips 32 38.10%
JaBlue 52 61.90%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: PV, GT+ or PA-HUD

Do you mean Task Manager? Just right-click on an empty area of your taskbar and select Task Manager.

There are at least a half-dozen ways to bring up TM. Wonder why the C-A-D trap is MIA?
Old 07-05-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used GT+ until a couple days ago. I like the PA-HUD better. It finds your tables automatically and is little cleaner and more customizable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like PA-HUD as well, but I'm finding that it's extremely CPU hungry. It seems to really be eating up the cycles on my system, and I'm running a 2.4 GHz Athlon 64. Has anyone else been having a similar problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will confirm this. There seems to be a leak for some people. I am investigating the cause of this. It will get fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, for me PAHud has eliminated a lot of the lag that I was experiencing on my system using GT+. (Athalon 800Mhz). Last night it was a little slower than it used to be but it is a drastic improvement (GT+ was essentially unusable).
Old 07-05-2005, 04:15 PM

You may want to verify that you are running the latest version--I had the problem you describe with a previous version . . .

By the way, Mr. Pokerace--since there will probably be a bunch of upgrades, can you put the number of the version being run at the top of the little control window that we see when we first fire up the program?? That way we would always be able to tell at a glance if we are running the latest. Thanks
Old 07-05-2005, 04:19 PM

How clever!!! It's so easy when you know how! Thanks!
Old 07-05-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, Mr. Pokerace--since there will probably be a bunch of upgrades, can you put the number of the version being run at the top of the little control window that we see when we first fire up the program?? That way we would always be able to tell at a glance if we are running the latest. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

it will take longer than a glance, but the version # should be in the About.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:16 PM

Where are the mpg stats?.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it will take longer than a glance, but the version # should be in the About.

[/ QUOTE ]

The version number has been on the Title Bar of the main window in every version since 0.10.

See?

Old 07-05-2005, 08:01 PM

curiouser and curiouser. My window doesn't have the version number and it has the different logo. I have downloaded the latest version. The first version I downloaded had a logo like you show above, subsequent versions have had the other logo.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:13 PM

How does Playerview compare in regards to hogging CPU/Mem usage compared to GT+ and PokerAce's HUD?
Old 07-05-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two areas for possible improvement:

After playing for quite awhile, some of the stats are missing for some of the players/tables. Closing down and restarting PAHud fixes this and the displays are complete again. Is there some other less cumbersome way to get it working right again?

The individual stat pop-up windows do not always pop up as requested. Their availability is undependable--which is not good when I need info right now at the moment of crisis. Can you not switch to the method used in GT+ ??? It has been 100% dependable.

Still the best one out there--but let's shoot for perfection!! Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this same problem. I'm never quite sure what I did to get the full stats window to appear, or what I'm not doing so that it doesn't.