Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - A PlayerView/GameTime+ Alternative

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking of adding a "Combined" stat, that lets you put multiple stats into one box. Would that work?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a few suggestions.

1. Include your own stats for the cuurent table.
2. Include a tilt blocker to cover up my $ amount [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ( GT+ is great for covering up my money total)
3. Include average pot size amount fot the table totals

Otherwise looks pretty damn slick. Nice work.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:34 AM

I'm using Eurobet, but the "Limit" field isn't updating correctly. It's set at $0 now, while I'm playing .5/1.

GT+ also keeps track of wins and losses for each session, which I really liked. Any possibility of adding that?

Great update though, it's impressive that you've gotten it to about the same functionality as GT+ and PV in such a short time!

LOVE the mucked cards function.

Edit: the program also hung when I left a table. The table name was left in the list but I couldn't click on the main window any more.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:14 AM

Question: Can I use ONLY the view mucked hands feature without displaying stats? I still think GT+ looks better, but like I said, I will donate strictly to see mucked hands without digging through HHs
Old 06-29-2005, 06:21 AM

I am trying to download .11, I had uninstalled the previous version, but I am getting the message error in opening file for writing.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question: Can I use ONLY the view mucked hands feature without displaying stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can. Go to Options->Layout Manager. Then uncheck every stat that is visible. This will hide all of the stats and will display the mucked cards.

With that said, you are burning up system resources for such a simple task. Depending on your CPU and RAM this may or may not be an issue for you. If you are going to do this, I suggest going into Options->Preferences, clicking on the 'Refresh Rates' tab and deleting all of the current refresh ranges. I would then make only one range, Min=0, Max=100001 and set the Refresh Every=100000 to help cut down on extra, unnecessary CPU & memory usage.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:23 AM

After running PA Hud for a few hours last night I ran into a few issues. This morning I fired it up and ran into similar problems; however, every time I enabled logging I could not replicate the problem. Unfortunately I have run out of time today to replicate the problem while logging therefore there are no log files, sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Background Info: I am running a 3.8 GHz machine with 2 GB of DDR2 with dual channel enabled. So I think its safe to assume that resources are not an issue. I have 8 tables open, 4 from 2 separate Party Skins (Empire & Coral).

1. If I have 2 identical tables open, one on each site. [ie) Table 37039 on Empire and Table 37039 on Coral] Only one of the windows displays stats while the other does not. I am unsure if this is a design flaw or if this is intentional. I have no problem with this but I thought I would bring it to your attention. I am assuming that you are not differenciating windows with the sites, rather you are pulling the table name and looking for it in the window list. Which ever one matches first is the window that the stats are overlayed on? Once again, this is not an issue for me; however, I have a feeling in my gut that this is possibly one of the reasons that PA Hud is locking up as described in #2.

2. Every so often, PA Hud will lock up. When I say lock up, I mean it locks up. CPU usage = 0% and nothing happens until I kill the process and restart. This is happening fairly frequently while opening and closing tables; however, like I mentioned in my preface, I could not replicate this, in the limited time I had available this morning, with logging enabled. Also noteworthy is the fact that I could not replicate this bug running on only 1 party skin and up to 4 tables; however, when opening up a 2nd party skin and more tables #5 - 8 I could replicate. Like I mentioned in #1, I have a feeling this has to do with opening identical tables on the separate sites. I also had an inclination something may be fishy with the minize to system tray feature but I'm not sure why that would affect anything. I am sure you know better than I.

3. As mentioned previously, at times PA Hud will freeze when saving a layout in the layout manager (while tables are open as well as when no tables are open). Sometimes the save happens instantaneously and the tables will update immediately (I assume this is how it should work). Other times, the save takes up to a minute with PA Hud chugging along and at other times PA Hud will lock up indefinately until the process is killed and restarted. Once restarted, the saved changed were indeed saved and all is good.

Other than that everything looks great! Add hotspots along with Postgres connectivity and this program will easily surpass GT+ and PV. Showing my stats for the current session would also be icing on the cake.

Thanks once again and hopefully this helps you solve these issues!

-APerfect10
Old 06-29-2005, 10:06 AM

Default PT compatibility Question

I just took a look at the new release and must say WOW .

I was curious if this currently worked with the new PostgreSQL database that PT is converting to, or just the Access version. I have been meaning to convert, but have not do to compatibility issues.

I look forward to trying it out tonight.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Does It Support Multiple DB\'s? n/m

Old 06-29-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Does It Support Multiple DB\'s? n/m

Yes it does.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Does It Support Multiple DB\'s? n/m

[ QUOTE ]
Yes it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have it working with Postgres? It is only working with Access for me. Are you sure you are not just seeing the postgres db listed? If you are indeed using Postgres may I ask how? PokerAce, I was under the impression that Postgres was not supported yet and would be shortly. Please confirm.