Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 01:17 PM

Default TT 2nd set, please comment on hand

Please be gentle, this is my first 'real' post.
In retrospect I think my preflop play was terrible here, but I'd like comments on the whole hand. The villian raises with AX and KQ preflop about this amount so far. He's not too loose, not very tight.

Down to 71 players left in Party $33 buyin 12k Guaranteed.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG (t7137)
UTG+1 (t8345)
Hero (t5560)
MP2 (t4760)
CO (t7520)
Button (t1825)
SB (t2460)
BB (t6413)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

<font color="blue"> 1 fold </font> 1 fold, [colorred]UTG+1 raises to t600</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1000</font>, <font color="blue">5 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t400.

Flop: (t2300) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="green">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t425</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to t1200</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1975</font>, UTG+1 calls [t6145] t1200, Hero calls [t2585] t1975.

Turn: (t5475) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>

River: (t5475) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t5475

RESULTS:
<font color="white"> Villian has JJ and wins with quads vs my boat. </font>
Old 11-24-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: TT 2nd set, please comment on hand

It looks to me like you played it well...tough luck running into JJ.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:24 PM

Preflop call or make a larger raise. On the flop, I am not crazy about the tiny bet, even with a set.

I'll try to be gentle, but don't make what could be interpretted as bad beat posts.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:25 PM

The miniraise preflop is awful, I'd usually just call there, but otherwise you played it fine (actually, the small flop bet is kind of weird). That's the flop you're looking for with TT, and sometimes you're just gonna go broke with an under set.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:27 PM

Would you tend to bet that flop or check it? What about the raise from the villain? Push again? This hand busted me, obviously
Old 11-24-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop call or make a larger raise. On the flop, I am not crazy about the tiny bet, even with a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?? would it be too weak-tight to put your opponent on the only set higher than yours too often? Even if we wait until the turn to get more money in there is not enough of a way to put villain on quads.

This could be a bad beat post...but I donk think he went down like a Donkey...i think i go broke here.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:28 PM

You have to fold middle set there. It's obvious. What are you even doing considering he has anything but JJ?
Old 11-24-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?? would it be too weak-tight to put your opponent on the only set higher than yours too often? Even if we wait until the turn to get more money in there is not enough of a way to put villain on quads.

This could be a bad beat post...but I donk think he went down like a Donkey...i think i go broke here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course you probably go broke here. His preflop raise is not good, but even if he makes a bigger one, he's going broke.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to fold middle set there. It's obvious. What are you even doing considering he has anything but JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT???? Ok...i'm still kinda new and this may be why I'm only a winning player and not a WINNING player, but it just doesn't seem plausable to OBVIOUSLY put your opponent on JJ here. If you are going to fold any set to a slight raise on the flop, i don't see us making much money. I say go broke here, the next 9 times you make the same play you probably win with a boat to his trips.

But i'm just a donk
Old 11-24-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT???? Ok...i'm still kinda new and this may be why I'm only a winning player and not a WINNING player, but it just doesn't seem plausable to OBVIOUSLY put your opponent on JJ here. If you are going to fold any set to a slight raise on the flop, i don't see us making much money. I say go broke here, the next 9 times you make the same play you probably win with a boat to his trips.

But i'm just a donk

[/ QUOTE ]
I was being a smart ass.