Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2005, 05:31 AM

Default Problem with playing in my sleep

Hi guys, this isnt as much a gambling or poker problem as it is a chess one. When I was a younger man and played alot of Magic: The Gathering I'd often play whole matches in my sleep, when I moved to poker it was the same, but not as bad.

Lately Im playing alot of chess, and this has happened in the past when I've played alot, I play in my sleep. I cannot picture a whole chess board with the pieces dispersed around in my mind when Im awake. But when Im asleep I will play whole games in my mind, with alot of strategical thought.

I'll wake up at 4 in the morning from a dream where Im in some middle-game heavily weighting my options and I will feel stressed out and mentally drained. Worst of all it feels like I'm never totaly asleep, like a part of my mind is always awake, active, and analyzing chess situations when the rest of me is asleep.

I love chess and all, but I just want to sleep like normal, and not play heavily involved mentally demanding chess games throughout my sleep. Do you guys have any advice for how I can make this happen? Thanks.