Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-22-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Nip/Tuck Season Finale

I dont watch tv because well I dont. But I rented part of season 1 at blockbuster and was like this show is pretty sweet! Now I watch it when I'm flipping. Suhweet!
Old 12-22-2005, 01:20 AM

this season seemed to be kinda f'd up for that purpose only.

the last episode really creeped me out at a few points.

i really wish that eva (famke) wouldve been the carver, instead of the soap opera type ending that the season had.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i said all along: quentin makes the most sense, but its too obvious. maybe its ariel's dad.....and i was completely wrong. I thought nip/tuck would have a bigger twist than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only was it obvious, how it tied in together was just stupid.

1. So we're supposed to believe that the Miami PD is so inept they need to bring in a detective from another country. They can't bring in someone else from the U.S. either. Ok that's fine. I can suspend my disbelief.

But now we're supposed to believe that she also ends up as the bad guy's secret sister who's helping him commit these crimes. Out of so many detectives they could have sent, she happens to be the one... riiiiight.

But oh wait, at the end where they're in Spain, she doesn't have the english accent anymore. OK??? So does that mean she's not really from Scotland yard and she fooled everyone this entire time? But wait a second, why would the Miami PD give her all the clearance, the resources, and the command over the PD? Well simple of course, these guys are the same guys who can't do their own crime solving themselves...

2. Speaking of coincidences, the one plastic surgeon that our heros contact to repair Sean's face after his attack just so happens to be the carver as well!!! OMG that is sooooo L337!!!!

3. Beauty is a curse on the world... that's why this carver guy is a plastic surgeon in his spare time. Not only that, he's a FAMOUS plastic surgeon who's done numerous surgeries in Atlanta. As Christian said last season about Costa: "He's the best facial reconstructive surgeon."

As well, since beauty is such a curse on the world, let's make our sister extremely hot with all the fixins such as fake breasts. Makes sense to me!

4. So Quentin captures his arch-enemies. This guys have treated him like [censored]. Not only that, they perpetuate this curse of beauty on the world. So he's not really going to do anything to them as evidenced by the fact that he gets Kit to show up exactly before he gets to inflict any major damage to his enemies.

5. On a related note, the doctors, Sean and Christian wouldn't think to check if he's dead. The police who come in don't check either. The coroner also doesn't notice that he's alive. In fact, this guy is laying there for a LOOOONG time and one notices that he's breathing. He probably even let out a few farts during this time but no one questions it.

6. So Quentin has no penis... right. That's totally consistent with other aspects of the show. Such as the time when Julia and him were dating not so long ago. And not so long ago, he was in his boxers spooning with Julia in a hot tub. I guess she doesn't suspect anything is wrong when her ass is pressed up against his groin area yet there's no budge, nothing.

Boy, that was the biggest pile of [censored] I've ever sat through.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:46 AM

I watched like the last 6 eps of the season because people said it was good.

It's not, it's horrible, I've discussed this already.

However, I wanted to know who the Carver was so I stayed up till [censored] midnight watching that crap.

That's a storyline that makes most of the most hackish comic book writing look amazing. Just cliche and dumb and totally motivated by shock value and ignoring logic and just crushing my ability to suspend disbelief.