Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Not sure when to get bets in with my TP

I suck at 5-6max. I normally play full. I felt lost in this hand. Please comment on all streets.

Villian limps UTG. He is unknown but seems too much too loose so far & has been limping alot preflop. He has done his share of betting post flop, so I dont peg him for being very passive. I raise QJo in the CO. Folded to villian who now limp-reraises. I get confused like normal and call.

Flop: J-T-2

Villian bets, I call

Turn: 7

Villian bets, I call

River: A

Villian bets, I call

My thoughts on how I should have played it: The limp re-raise thew me for a loop. I just cant seem to figure out the proper aggression 5-6 handed so keep that in mind-- I know I suck...

I dont really mind just calling the flop. I figure if I raise, he can still 3-bet alot of hands that I beat (is this bad?).

On the turn when a 7 came I feel calling was pretty bad. I would think most of the time I am beat or villian is drawing to two outs. Is this a time to raise/fold to a 3-bet? Raise/call a three bet? I dunno

River I have no idea at all where I'm at. The only hand I beat is somthing like 66.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Not sure when to get bets in with my TP

I play it the same and feel like a shmuck when they flash AA. However, they will show some random crap enough of the time that you need to call that river. There isn't really any point in raising anywhere unless you improve and your hand can beat AA.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:44 AM

I raise the flop, 3bet by alot of hands we beat? Hmm i don't think this often happens but if you feel thats the case then call him down after a three bet.

my line would most likly be:

Raise flop,
bet turn,
Call river or bet if he's not tricky(VALUE).

LRR is sometimes AA, i had it today actually and KK. But i've seen TT and JJ Where they think "OMG this hand sucks, i dont want to raise if lots call.. i know ill limp it and try reraise if its raised... Im a genious".

[ QUOTE ]
There isn't really any point in raising anywhere unless you improve and your hand can beat AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? after raising guys will CB the Flop and turn, i want to charge these continuation bets more to see the next card and not showdown cheap or be in control with their AK or whatever they may hold.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:07 PM

Based on the preflop action, I would guesstimate that villian is strong here 50% of the time (QQ/KK/AA) and the other 50% is random stuff.

So, if I only feel I'm ahead 50% of the time on this flop, there is no reason to raise. If he has an overpair he will make me pay. If he's got random crap, he will feel obligated to bet it the entire way, or at least the flop/turn. I really don't want him folding something like 44 when I raise the flop.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:12 PM

I think you played the hand fine.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:47 PM

This is fine. The last time I was limp-reraised, the guy had K3s.