Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Atlantic/ Pacific Trout Games 11/16

Sad news in trout world. There is a rift in the force. The ‘dark side’ sits among us.

For several years now the midweek trout games have provided an opportunity for a friendly game away from the morans and trolls encountered daily online. Atlantic and Pacific Trout have been likened to a home game. There has been a core of players with new people coming and going. Newbies are welcomed. A friendly group, issuing amicable challenges and engaging in much good-natured banter. Hands have often been shown, lines discussed, a welcome respite from trolls of the daily play.

For several weeks I have received complaints about our new troll, the unpleasant and immature tone he has brought to the game, and asked what can be done. I sometimes struggle to remember that when the day is done the ugly troll is really only a sad being, lonely in the world, lacking any self esteem, completely unaware of how desperately he needs professional help.

The troll seeks to make others as uncomfortable as he is. It is helpful to remember the troll lives in a fantasy world, he is incapable of introspection.

For all the understanding, we need to deal with the troll and wait for him to go away.

I believe for now, that the best line to take is that EVERYONE either block his chat or at least do not respond during the game.

It is hard not to respond to the dark side, the dark side draws you in, but your response feeds the dark side, makes him stronger, pushing him further into the sad depths in which he already lives.

EVERYONE either block his chat or at least do not respond during the game!!!

I am open to further suggestions…
- - - - - - -
[b] <u>HERE IS YOUR FORUM GAME SCHEDULE:</u>

<font color="red">"Atlantic Trout"</font> $10+1 NLHE at 20:00 Stars lobby time
WEDNESDAY NOV 16
Password “supbro” without the quotes.

<font color="red">"Pacific Trout"</font> $10+1 NLHE at 22:00 Stars lobby time
WEDNESDAY NOV 16

<font color="red">"Heads Up Trout"</font> $10+1 NLHE Heads Up at 20:00 Stars lobby
time THURSDAY NOV 17

These games are open for registration.

If you wish to receive this schedule by e-mail please send me an e-mail at
drjekyl@comcast.net with your 2+2 name. PS name &amp; email address. (or PM hyde)

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

hyde [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Atlantic/ Pacific Trout Games 11/16

[ QUOTE ]

Sad news in trout world. There is a rift in the force. The ‘dark side’ sits among us..................

For all the understanding, we need to deal with the troll and wait for him to go away.

I believe for now, that the best line to take is that EVERYONE either block his chat or at least do not respond during the game.

It is hard not to respond to the dark side, the dark side draws you in, but your response feeds the dark side, makes him stronger, pushing him further into the sad depths in which he already lives.

EVERYONE either block his chat or at least do not respond during the game!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. We need to eliminate the impact the the troll [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] (and his negative chat) is having on our games.

Lets all block his chat and restore the fun to the trout games. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If anyone wants to watch the troll's chat, I think it would be best not to respond to any of it.

The troll is looking for reactions to the drivel he spouts during these games. Rather than argue or fight with him, (this is what he wants - attention) lets ignore him until he goes away.

I think most who have played in the trout games recently are aware of who this troll is. Feel free to PM cha59 with questions.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For several weeks I have received complaints about our new troll, the unpleasant and immature tone he has brought to the game, and asked what can be done. I sometimes struggle to remember that when the day is done the ugly troll is really only a sad being, lonely in the world, lacking any self esteem, completely unaware of how desperately he needs professional help.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies for feeding the troll. Some comments he made really got me on the nerves, since I felt they were so evil-minded (his tactic is to make people become insecure about their playing ability) in this context, since many come to this game to have fun and get constructive criticism.

Next time, I will ignore.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies for feeding the troll. Some comments he made really got me on the nerves, since I felt they were so evil-minded (his tactic is to make people become insecure about their playing ability) in this context, since many come to this game to have fun and get constructive criticism.

Next time, I will ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

No apology necessary. He tries to get under all our skins. Its natural to want to battle him.

Its a shame to have to do something like this, but its the right thing to do, given the circumstances.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:20 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

Woah, I stopped playing a few weeks ago. Damn, my impact is still being felt? w00t!

Seriously, why get upset over someone who's trying to tilt you and may be on tilt himself? Let him spew his Helmuthian rants and tear himself up over it.

Besides, to some, poker isn't about making friends. It's about winning money, about their ego, etc. So they'll do whatever they feel is necessary to achieve that.

I can't believe I've been missing all the fun lately. I would love to have my donk plays questioned and bust him with terrible play, oh the joy I would feel. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2005, 10:31 PM

You know what... I fed the Troll weekly too. It's very hard Not to respond &amp; want to defend onself... he seemes to criticize vitually every move I make! My 'chat' tone likely appeared to be friendly banter - but that's because I'm not by nature... a biatch. I didn't play in Pacific last week because of 'the presence'. That's stupid - GREAT suggestion, turn off chat and/or ignore.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:39 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

Just start telling him bad beat stories. Like "this one time, at poker camp, I had pocket Kings....."

You'll drive him so insane he'll be avoiding YOU. And ask to borrow money, beg him to stake you.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:54 PM

How about me, "SS"?...Would you comfort me in your ample busom....Would you warm me in you heated areas?...Don't call me a cowboy until you've seen me ride..Regards, SFB
Old 11-14-2005, 06:40 PM

Speaking of which, said troll played the HU game a week ago. I happened to catch him in the early round. It was just joyful when the King of Diamonds on the river of the last hand hit his set, and then he realized it was also my flush card. The blast of meaningless nonsense was almost enjoyable. But sensibly I turned it off and went to watch DrJek play his match.

I think Jek's suggestion is an excellent one. The Trout games have been akin to a friendly Saturday night home game for a long time. It would be nice to keep it that way. Let's "Turn off the Troll."

Doc [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's "Turn off the Troll."

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean I have to take off my shirt and show my midgety hairy chest AGAIN???? Geesh!