Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 08:22 AM

Default deleting old pokertracker files

Hi guys

My pokertracker file is 70,000 hands in size and on my outdated PC it whirrs and grinds while importing the files into pokertracker as I update every 15 minutes. This does not affect my play unless I am running 3 games all with gametime - and then it leads to missing hands and me losing my disconnect protect.

Any advice (apart from buying a new PC, I know) like how to get rid of old 1-2 and 2-4 chunks on pokertracker which take up most of the memory?

Apologies if this is an old or dumb question but like your mum said - stick to what you are good at, son.

cheers

Evain
Old 04-13-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: deleting old pokertracker files

after PT has sucked out the information that it needs from within the hand histories you probably have it set to move them to a folder called "poker tracker processed files" or somesuch

i would assume you could delete some or all of the files in there every now and then
Old 04-13-2005, 03:09 PM

Utilities | Database Maintenance and Options -- this will allow you to purge individual sessions.

Compacting your database can't hurt.

You might consider greating a new database. (File | maintain Poker Tracker Database Names.) You would want to switch it to be the default -- you might change settings in GT+ to have it point to the correct one.

I'm not sure if GT+ is supporting multiple databases yet. PlayerView is. That way you would get the improved response time of importing into an empty database without losing your 70K hands of history.

rabbit
Old 04-13-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Utilities | Database Maintenance and Options -- this will allow you to purge individual sessions.

Compacting your database can't hurt.

You might consider greating a new database. (File | maintain Poker Tracker Database Names.) You would want to switch it to be the default -- you might change settings in GT+ to have it point to the correct one.

I'm not sure if GT+ is supporting multiple databases yet. PlayerView is. That way you would get the improved response time of importing into an empty database without losing your 70K hands of history.

rabbit

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww fuuck. I misinterpreted this, and thought that by deleting these files, they were still in the database and just not in the empirepoker/handhistories/playername file. So, I started deleting, and shrunk my database by 5k hands.

Is there any way to retrieve the files now?? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Dan