Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Interacct transfer at Party

So, a friend of mine needed a loan, and rather than pay the Neteller transfer fee, I transferred the money via Party InterAcct transfer. He immediately attempted to remove the money. Here is the email he received:

"While approving a cashout request of yours we see that you are cashing out an amount transferred to you by another player on our website via the Inter-Account Transfer feature.

Please note that the Inter-Account Transfer feature is a privilege for all Real Money Account Holders who wish to help their friends on the site who go broke, or want to convert Play Money Players to play for Real Money.

Using this feature for any purpose other than those mentioned above is not encouraged, so please write back to us with a clarification about the same for us to verify the cashout.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience."

I noticed that they said "not encouraged" rather than "not allowed." And from reading so many posts here, this way was obviously better than me dumping money to him at the tables. At any rate, I am surprised that he received this email. What should my response be? If he tells them the truth, he just needed a loan, will they allow it to go through? Is my money in danger here? Anybody with similar experiences, please let me know, then I will let this thread die, as I am sure the question has been asked before.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Interacct transfer at Party

Did you know that your own views count? Most of these are mine, but come on folks. Humor me if you have any experience with this....in other words, BUMP!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:12 PM

Must not fall of the first page, bumpitty bump!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:21 PM

Party doesn't like transfers that have nothing to do with real money play.

Next time, just have him play a little before cashing out and there shouldn't be a problem.

This time, you might want to plead ignorance and say you didn't know. I think you might be better off however, saying that YOU owed HIM money and that you were just trying to pay it back.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:41 AM

while having him play a little bit is certainly better than just withdrawing immediately, the real issue is that the sites don't really appreciate being used as a "free" bank or money transferring center. they DO have costs associated with doing this, you know.

with the increased scrutiny that money laundering, etc. has brought, especially in these overly-paranoid "terrorism" times, i think that there will be more and more scrutiny of such transactions.

my advice, especially if we want to see this service continue to be available for the legitimate enumerated purposes, would be to refrain from abusing it.

really, 1.9% via neteller isn't that bad.

and i would hate to give "big brother" any further reasons to rail against online gaming.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
while having him play a little bit is certainly better than just withdrawing immediately, the real issue is that the sites don't really appreciate being used as a "free" bank or money transferring center. they DO have costs associated with doing this, you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the crux of the biscuit.

Two or three orbits on a single table is usually enough to avoid scrutiny.

cbf