Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Canterbury 30-60 hand

I have been at the table a while and have a reasonable image. The table is pretty good with some obvious soft spots. An older guy raises in EP. This means he has 2 cards over 4 or an ace and feels like playing. Next guy folds, and a reletivly Laggy guy makes it 4 bets. He knows what he is doing, but plays a few too many hands and puts too many bets in with them. He is probably the third best player at the table. Anyway, original raiser calls, i call. Flop comes down AK8r. Raiser checks, I...? (There are two reasons for posting this. One i felt it was a way ahead or way behind situation, but really i just wanted to post a hand from caterbury and there were not too many interesting ones [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Canterbury 30-60 hand

[ QUOTE ]
I have been at the table a while and have a reasonable image. The table is pretty good with some obvious soft spots. An older guy raises in EP. This means he has 2 cards over 4 or an ace and feels like playing. Next guy folds, and a reletivly Laggy guy makes it 4 bets. He knows what he is doing, but plays a few too many hands and puts too many bets in with them. He is probably the third best player at the table. Anyway, original raiser calls, i call. Flop comes down AK8r. Raiser checks, I...? (There are two reasons for posting this. One i felt it was a way ahead or way behind situation, but really i just wanted to post a hand from caterbury and there were not too many interesting ones [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are your cards? It would help in the analysis.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:47 PM

Yeah lol i had AQ.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An older guy raises in EP. This means he has 2 cards over 4 or an ace and feels like playing. Next guy folds, and a reletivly Laggy guy makes it 4 bets. He knows what he is doing

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure?

[ QUOTE ]
i call

[/ QUOTE ]

with what?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:42 PM

I muck preflop, because I know what I'm doing. End of answer.

-As a side note, I don't mean this to sound as though you don't know what you are doing, but it sounds like it's actually 3 Bets, after an EP raiser and a guy who knows what he is doing made it 3. If it's 4 then the AQ should hit the muck as quick as you saw it.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:02 AM

It looks like he messed up the PF action. Very likely, he 3-bet the opener with AQ and the other guy 4-bet behind him.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like he messed up the PF action. Very likely, he 3-bet the opener with AQ and the other guy 4-bet behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is what happened.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure you are in a WA/WB situation, but you still need to bet into the PRF 4 bettor. This pot is large, and you need to protect your hand the times it is good here. If you bet and the PRF 4 bettor raises and the other guy folds, then you can go into check call mode becuz you are in a WA/WB situation.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:26 AM

hi ggbman,

You are not that far ahead. You're really in a somewhat ahead / way behind situation. The pot is big and there are a number of draws that can call correctly, including any pair, gutshot straight draws, etc. You should play the flop in an attempt to fold the loose raiser in EP.

In light of that, bet, hope the capper raises and EP folds. At that point, chill out and call it down.

good luck.
eric