Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Yet another Bellagio 30/60 hand

If I'm not mistaken it's actually 10 BB in the pot...is it not? I'm not so much concerned about the tptk, but the way the hand was played suggests one of two things, either he has a pretty big hand, i.e. AdQx, QQ, AA. Or he is trying to make a play on a pot. By planning to check raise with a marginal hand he is giving himself the opportunity to see the river for free (if you give it to him), or the opportunity to make a play on the pot if you bet. I am fairly sure that he has a pretty solid hand. He probably wanted to check raise the flop but when it got checked he couldn't. When the Ace hit it almost certainly hit you or the other preflop raiser, this gives him another chance to check raise with a big hand. Because he didn't seem to fear a check I see him having the Ad. My guess is AQ or AA, with AQ being much more likely. What concerns me i what kicker would he coldcall 3 bets with preflop? AA, AK, AQ, Hopefully AJ, but probably not. BUT, because he could simply be holding the Ad (top pair and nut flush draw) it is definitely worth 10-1 to call. But don't raise.

(KK is even a possibility I guess. Some people freak out when an Ace hits, even in games this big.)