Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 10:50 AM

Default A Blinds/Button Question

I will put my question into a hypothetical situation.

Player A - Seat 1 (Button)
Player B - Seat 2 (Small Blind)
Player C - Seat 3 (Big Blind)
Player D - Seat 4

This is a Tournament. If Player B or C are eliminated, do the blinds move or does the button move? Basically how are the Blinds and Button moved in these situations?

Thanks for your help. I have been playing for awhile and this question always comes up in my home game. For some reason its one of those things nobody really knows. We usually always move the button and the BB would become the button. But maybe there is a dead button for one hand until the blinds are moved. Please let me know the deal.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: A Blinds/Button Question

If the SB is eliminated, the dealer button will still sit over his seat and the BB will post the SB the next hand. You never post the BB twice in a row. The button keeps moving, sometimes in tourney play you don't have 1 of the 2 blinds because of the elimination of a player in the previous hand.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: A Blinds/Button Question

If the small blind busts, there will be a "dead" button, effectively player A will get the button twice. Player C is the next SB, Player D is the BB.

If the big blind busts, there will be a "dead" small blind. Player B will get the button, Player D will post BB and there will be no SB.