Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 11:23 AM

Default What\'s Stars like for limit?

Hey all,

I've been having trouble staying connected to party over the past month, it keeps dropping me in and out of the system, usually when I get a decent hand. Quite frustrating really. I play on absolute as well and I've had no trouble there at all over the same period.
So I've had a gutfull really, and I've got an old Stars account so I was thinking of heading back there for a bit. Stars full ring 2/4 limit. Any good? Or a rock garden?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: What\'s Stars like for limit?

Not as good as party. That's all I'll say about that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But hey, don't listen to me. Go try it out.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:18 PM

The games are softer at Stars then at Absolute. What level are we talking here? I only play 6max there, and the games are really goot.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all,

I've been having trouble staying connected to party over the past month, it keeps dropping me in and out of the system, usually when I get a decent hand. Quite frustrating really. I play on absolute as well and I've had no trouble there at all over the same period.
So I've had a gutfull really, and I've got an old Stars account so I was thinking of heading back there for a bit. Stars full ring 2/4 limit. Any good? Or a rock garden?

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a long time since I played full ring at stars(August). But at 0.5/1-1/2 it was around 20-35% to the flop.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not as good as party. That's all I'll say about that.

[/ QUOTE ]
But not by much.

Since the split, Stars is neck-and-neck with Party for number of users (and before someone chimes in, no, Party includes play money users in its count too). It stands to reason that many of those users will be bad.

Over the past couple of months, I've never had a problem finding a juicy 1/2 or 2/4 game there. On the weekends it's every bit the donkfest that Party is. Look for people with self-portraits or children in their avatars.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look for people with self-portraits or children in their avatars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, that's a good one.

I think I will try Stars soon too, after I can't enter the beginners tables at Party anymore.