Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 05:23 PM

Default AQo hand out of the BB

The villian just sat down a few minutes ago so no real reads, seems like he's pretty good though.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

I wasn't too sure what to do this whole hand. Folding the flop seemed a little weak, should I just call the flop and check fold the turn?
Old 05-13-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: AQo hand out of the BB

I don't play 5/10 but what is the turn raise supposed to accomplish? I really doubt he is folding a pocket pair, AK, anything that connected with the board on that flop and he probably doesn't cap worse than AJo pre-flop. So what about just calling down for the same price?

An other line might be to start with raising the flop and see what develops.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:50 PM

SB raising pf isn't as significant as usual because of the poster in the hand, so I'd lighten his range a bit. The PF cap would be more threatening if CO was still in the hand, it's back to blind war basics once he folds.

Given that, I raise the flop here and take a free turn card. Whether I call a bet on the river depends on what hits - i'm much more likely to call if cards &lt;T fall than if a K falls.

If he 3bets us on the flop we can be pretty certain our hand is in trouble and release on the turn.

Surf
Old 05-13-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play 5/10 but what is the turn raise supposed to accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming it is a free-showdown play. I don't like it in this situation, because you will be 3bet many times when behind and have to fold, while he will give up his bluffs to the strong turn raise. If we're going to showdown with this line just call down.

Surf

Nice Alucard avatar btw.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming it is a free-showdown play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, didn't consider that. Don't like it though.

[ QUOTE ]

Nice Alucard avatar btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]