Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 12:58 AM

Default One more damn bet

BB is the mediocre type. I don't remember his stats but somewhere in the 32/12/1.4 range. One of those guys that doesn't quite get it but isn't the worst player in the world either.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button folds.

River: (9.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: One more damn bet

u gotta call just to see his A6 suited
Old 10-18-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u gotta call just to see his A6 suited

[/ QUOTE ]

I do? Why?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:14 AM

You never win this hand.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:14 AM

A bit above my limits, but it seems like its pretty clear you have a big ace and he's saying he can beat you... I just don't see him playing AJ or AT this way
Old 10-18-2005, 01:19 AM

Now this is interesting. Look at the 50-100 hand I posted below where I'm checkraised holding top-top on the river. Many (not all) advocated a payoff there. But I think it's much more likely you're ahead than I am in the hand I posted. I could see some schnook raising with AJ or A10 on the end here with some notion there is value and they'll fold to a 3-bet. Unlikely? Sure. Possible? Yes.

I still fold against someone I know to not be hyperaggressive or make moves generally, however.

Jeff
Old 10-18-2005, 01:44 AM

Sure would seem he improved on the river to a hand better than yours.

Anybody like check-calling the river? If he has a hand of value, he'd likely bet behind when you checked the river, espeically short-handed, no? That is, you win the same one bet when you have the best hand, but save a bet when beat without putting yourself in the position of possibly folding the winning hand if he raises.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:50 AM

Sure looks a lot like his Ace rag paired up and you're done for. I don't think this is a bluff very often. I'm folding unless I have some stellar read that villian does this.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure would seem he improved on the river to a hand better than yours.

Anybody like check-calling the river? If he has a hand of value, he'd likely bet behind when you checked the river, espeically short-handed, no? That is, you win the same one bet when you have the best hand, but save a bet when beat without putting yourself in the position of possibly folding the winning hand if he raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont see anything wrong with this line OOP, especially if u'll fold to a river raise.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:23 AM

Calling this could be right just for metagme purposes. I feel this concept alone is extremely important given the higher stakes as you definately don't want them taking shots at you. On top of this your probably good around 10% anyways, like Jeff said AJ or some other garbage.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]