Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-24-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Table selection

You know, I get it. Table selection is important. But come on... you have to use some common sense!

Right now there's a midstakes table with a pretty high AvgPot size. Great, let's sit down, right? Except for one problem... there are ALREADY TWELVE PEOPLE WAITING FOR THIS GAME.

Now, it boggles my mind to imagine the thought process of a person who is smart enough to realize that table selection is important, but dumb enough to think that it makes sense to get in line behind eleven other people to sit in a ten person game.

Laughing out loud,
Eric
Old 12-25-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Table selection

I agree to a certain extent. The thing is, fish have to wait in line as well and hopefully the fish you are going after get lucky and still have money when you get there. What does it hurt to get on the WL anyhow? If the table sucks when your name comes up then you just don't join.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:36 AM

Ive been sitting beside fish since 3-6 and the only difference between those fish and the 15-30 fish is that there are less of them at 15-30, but still enough to make tons of $$$ if I look hard enough.

I actually refuse to play at bad tables. If there are no good 15-30 but theres good 20-40 and good 10-20 , ill play at those instead.

That being said, ill have 4 tables im playing, 6 tables open im pseudo-mining, and ill be on a tons of waitlists, so whenever a spot opens up, I can check out that new table, see if its better than any of my curent tables, and if it is, I drop my worst table and pick up that better one. I also like checking out the semi-filled full tables since those generally attract loose fish, and if somehow those fill up, I end up in a full game with those very loose fish = very very good table.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:31 PM

If its Party I'd def still get on the list...since they seem to often boot people from lists I'd still get in line.

Another thing to consider is that at some sites there will be 7 people listed in every game's wait list. However when you chose to wait for that specific game it will bump you past those first 7 people who were "waiting."