Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 12-20-2005, 07:39 PM

Default CardSharpCook

Why is CardSharpCook's title "Close to being banned from MS"? Is there an inside joke here that someone can explain to me? Has he actually done something to warrant being "close to being banned"?
Old 12-20-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: CardSharpCook

He's a regular poster in MTT and I've never seen him make anything even remotely close to a ban worthy post. I would say he's one of the more valued/respected posters we have.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:49 PM

Oh, and his last title was "unbannable" so yes, could be a joke.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:52 PM

I forgot about UNBANNABLE. I didn't understand what that was about either. I'm assuming his current title is a joke since his posts on MS are typically good strategy advice, but I'm curious what the story is.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:54 PM

Bobby, I'd say his MS advice is typically horrible. There's a couple QTs threads that jason posted that will likely answer both your questions.

Edit to add: In general I think it would be a good rule (save OOT) to never change somebody's title unsolicited.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's a regular poster in MTT and I've never seen him make anything even remotely close to a ban worthy post. I would say he's one of the more valued/respected posters we have.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is certainly not meant as an endorsement of his poker ability, only how he is perceived in the forum. He won the PS Sunday tourney awhile back (not sure if he's won anything major since) and took full advantage to climb the poster ranks in MTT.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobby, I'd say his MS advice is typically horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I shouldn't have said "good strategy advice". I regret that now. I don't want to endorse his strategy advice and say that he is usually correct because honestly I didn't remember off the top of my head what his actual advice was. What I should have said is that he tends to be a strategy poster and all of the posts I have seen from him consist of giving feedback on hands and trying to be helpful and I hadn't seen him as a source of trolling or flaming or low content posts. Now that I look through some his posts, I do see that some of the actual plays he recommends are suspect.

It looks like someone changed his title back (not me), so I guess this isn't really important anymore anyway.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:47 PM

I have always thought his advice and posts in MTT were not good, and we've actually clashed a few times. (He wanted to know why "all" of my posts were just bashing people)

That being said, he does attempt to contribute strategy - even if others don't agree with it - so he certainly shouldn't be banned from anything.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobby, I'd say his MS advice is typically horrible. There's a couple QTs threads that jason posted that will likely answer both your questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note: I did not, nor know anything about his change in title. BUT:

It's not what he said but the way he said it... (I'm assuming)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
little early to be raising QTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, maybe it's a little early for you, but i play probably play alot better than you after the flop... when you analyze a hand i post, remember to pretend you play effing good postflop. thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be a dick, Jason, you clearly don't play effing good postflop or else you wouldn't be posting so many hands here. You're too loose PF. We've seen it time and again. QTs is good for an open-raise CO. HJ is debatable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-23-2005, 06:58 PM

I've had pretty long talks with Brendan (CSC) and never have ever seen or heard him say anything to get banned. He is a valuable member of the forums and if he were to ever be banned I would likely step down as mod as well.
~Justin