Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Two AA at ($1-$2)

Comments please.

HOLE CARDS A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
1 fold, Hero raises, 4 folds, Villain cold-calls three-bets, 3 folds, Hero raises, Villain calls
FLOP (9.5SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, Villain calls
TURN (5.25BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets, Villain calls
RIVER (7.25BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets, Villain calls

Newcomer; unknown sat a UTG+1
Hero; sat at MP3
PhoneMan; bit of a Calling station sat on the Button

HOLE CARDS A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Newcomer raises, 2 folds, Hero cold-calls three-bet, 1 fold, PhoneMan cold-calls, 2 folds, UTG folds, Newcomer calls
FLOP (11.5SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
Newcomer bets, Hero raises, PhoneMan calls, Newcomer calls
TURN (8.75BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3players)
Newcomer bets, Hero calls, PhoneMan calls
RIVER (11.75BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
Newcomer checks, Hero checks, PhoneMan bets, Newcomer calls, Hero folds
Old 12-22-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Two AA at ($1-$2)

not really sure why you posted hand 1...that's like the most standard situation I have ever seen.

On hand 2 I raise the turn again, expecting to see an overpair a pretty significant amount of the time, and also giving gutshots incorrect odds to call (he's going to call anyways, so you might as well make money on it). As it played out, I think I might b/f that river, although I can see a case for c/c or c/f as well.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:39 PM

Hello and welcome to the forums. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hand 1 looks pretty straight forward.

In Hand 2, it looks strange when UTG bets the turn after you had 3-bet preflop and raised the flop.

Nonetheless, I expect that UTG was most likely betting a high pair that you beat, such as KK or QQ. Thats because those pairs were overpairs to the board, and UTG may have been hoping that you had unimproved overcards, such as AK.

So, I would have continued your strong play by raising the turn.

The calling station on the button may very well have been calling with some kind of straight draw. So the T falling on the river is a worrying card when it puts 4 to a straight on the board.

Its very likely that the button made a hand, so I think that I would have done one of the following:

Either bet the river, and fold to a raise from the button. Or check the river as you did and then call the button's bet.

Although I think that you were probably beaten on the river, the pot is quite big and I would not want to risk losing the hand to a bluff.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:58 PM

Hand 1 standard.

Hand 2 - Why didn't you cap pre flop? Raise the turn.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2 - Why didn't you cap pre flop? Raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this should be automatic
Old 12-22-2005, 02:09 PM

grunch:

Hand 1 seems pretty standard.
Hand 2, I think you have to bet the turn. On the River that's a bad card, but I think I'd c/c most often.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:58 PM

grunch:

Hand 1) What's the question here? nh. Did you lose this?
Hand 2) I think you should raise the turn. The guy is betting the scare card. On the river, I like the fact that you did not overcall. If the new guy folded, I would call.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:11 PM

Hand 1:
I figured him for AK/AQ he couldn't lay down or high PP. I posted as I was wondering if I should have tried for c/r at any point, but at the time figured I might lose him if he was on the more likely AK/AQ etc.

He showed KK.

Hand 2

I think my error is in the Turn, not raising to push out a SD or making him pay for it. My gut was right on the River.

Button showed J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
PhoneMan showed 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the set and the pot.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:15 PM

The turn is an error, and preflop is gay, but your error in hand two is not capping preflop, jesus. If you aren't capping AA everytime you are losing cash.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:50 PM

Not capping with AA preflop is bad but they told you that. You should always get as much in the pot as possible when you have the best of it. When newcomer donks the turn I call behind aswell. The river is a toughie since there its a dangerous board and I check/fold here especially when it's a bet and call before my turn to act. I can't see myself taking this down. Nice played.