Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Hands from the Bellagio ME when in a \"short\" stack

I don't think you've provided enough information to give a meaningful answer to hands 1 and 3, but hands 2 and 4 are pretty clear pushes.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: My actual line in the hands

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #4: I pushed, I thought I had good FE; but David Levi probably thought I was a wild player since he called me with AJ !!
I lost the "race" and that was the end of my tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was Levi's stack to start the hand? If I'm him, and I have 35K or more, I think I'm calling. And I know David is pretty tight (both Davids). Not sure why you are thinking about this hand still. It's not even a close decision preflop.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you've provided enough information to give a meaningful answer to hands 1 and 3, but hands 2 and 4 are pretty clear pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I agree that a read of UTG, and to a lesser degree button, could sway number 1 to a push.

and table conditions in number 3 I think are important for the preflop decision. and of course reads on the callers could make a bet good on the flop.

although, in 2, I still think under some conditions calling might be better. like if the raiser will fold medium sized hands to a preflop push, but will ALWAYS Cbet the flop, then a call, check/push might be in order.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What was Levi's stack to start the hand? If I'm him, and I have 35K or more, I think I'm calling. And I know David is pretty tight (both Davids). Not sure why you are thinking about this hand still. It's not even a close decision preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I agree here as well. If i raise in MP and am reraised by an aggressive shortstack, NO WAY i fold AJ when getting 5:3 on the allin.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Push
2. Push
3. CheckFold
4. Push

[/ QUOTE ]

MLG, anyone can give one word answers, but we are more interested in your thinking and reasoning. Remember, thats how you called me out one time.

ps--sorry to hijack.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What was Levi's stack to start the hand? If I'm him, and I have 35K or more, I think I'm calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he had about 25k; but that is irrelevant if he has to call the 6k, what should be his stack size for him to be correct to make a negative EV decision?

Just run Poker Stove and he just doesn't have the odds vs my possible raise. Does he think I'm doing that with AT,A9,KQ,33 ?

I was surprised by Levi's decision because he is a good player, I think he called because he was kind of frustrated with previous hands at that point.
On a side note, I didn't like his celebration after the hand; I mean, I don't expect people to apologize or say I'm sorry when a bad beat happens; I don't do that, that's poker. But I don't expect a celebration either, this was not the final table, just another hand in the first day of a 5 day tournament and for me, if you win a hand like that, just rake the chips man, don't celebrate like you own or you're the man.

You're right that for me it's a no brainer. The push is the best play here I think.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just run Poker Stove and he just doesn't have the odds vs my possible raise. Does he think I'm doing that with AT,A9,KQ,33 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

is Levi not very aggressive? or does he not openraise much from MP? By that i mean you probably should be pushing here a decent amount if he's stealing much in these spots. or if he usually lays down hands like AJ, or KQ, then you have more incentive to push with weaker hands here.

I mean, I think your range here should be much more than AQ+, 99+. The AQo here is a CLEAR push, so its not even close. by defenition, this means that you'd still be able to eek out profit by pushing somewhat weaker here, and so your range should be bigger. which IMO makes his AJo call correct here, as he only needs like 37.5% equity here.