Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Enjoy my Poker Blog

I haven't looked at it yet, but why do I think a lot of the posts will be

OH MY GOD THESE PLAYERS ARE [censored] MORONS IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THE GAME THEN YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!11one
Old 10-07-2005, 12:26 AM

well that's not really feasible

even if you're a $200 player, once you've got $20k or so online, it's gotta be most profitable to put most of the rest in the market.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well that's not really feasible

even if you're a $200 player, once you've got $20k or so online, it's gotta be most profitable to put most of the rest in the market.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean in terms of playing, not investing or whatever.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:32 AM

yeah makes sense. that's what's so cool about poker though, you only need $20k to make something like a $2mill investment with a return better than the market average.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:33 AM

Do you think the $10+1 rebuy is worth your times in terms of $$/hour or just more enjoyment/change of pace?

And if anyone is interested in playing plo8, the cryptos have a great game. Only problem is it is usually just two tables running $.50/$1 blinds, occasionally a bigger game will run.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think the $10+1 rebuy is worth your times in terms of $$/hour or just more enjoyment/change of pace?

And if anyone is interested in playing plo8, the cryptos have a great game. Only problem is it is usually just two tables running $.50/$1 blinds, occasionally a bigger game will run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt have played it probably if I didn't miss the bigger 9pm tourneys. ($150 on party and $100 on UB) It's fun though....
Old 10-07-2005, 01:01 AM

hmmm...I'm already champion, so I guess my only real goals right now are making money and beating you at STTF-HUC2. Why don't you make it PLO. I'd have a reason to finally learn the game, and you'd have a fair chance [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Steve
Old 10-07-2005, 01:33 AM

"I just want to be world champion"

This explains why you're still messing around with poker instead of preparing to semi retire off you know what [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no reason I shouldn't be able to properly read my hand in Omaha/8

lol...i came in 12th in an PLO8 last night and really had little clue how...sometimes after an individual hand even. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played a live Omaha/8 tourney once on the Pokerstars Cruise, because I was a stupid moron. In any case I won a hand against a pro player, and he made some comment about how I had some type of hand. I can't remember what he said but I basically had no idea what he was talking about, all I knew was I had a full house and there was no low on the board. But I also had to pretend like I knew how to play, so I basically ignored him (I think I unconfidently nodded and said...yeah), and he seemed kind of offended.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...I do that a lot in all facets of my life. I do the "nod and ignore" as well as Pippen used to do the "pick and roll".

But seriously, its a great game...it just takes me a long time to figure out my outs and if they're even any good. I often end up in a winning hand for reasons I didnt even contemplate when i played it that way.

But its so fun...It appeals to the fish in me. And, in any regard, good tourney strategy lends itself to any type of game. Beyond that, i just play my own hand in a vaccuum.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:37 AM

I'm adding you ^___________^ KEKEK

No seriously though, very interesting stuff.