Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Internet (cable modem?) problem.

Okay, the last few days I have had trouble with my internet. I will have good connection, decent speed, everything works fine. Then, the "Data" light on my modem will either stop blinking, and doesn't light up at all, or the light remains non-blinking like the Power light. If I unplug the power and plug it back in, it will work fine again, but it is a real pain in the ass to unplug my modem every 30 minutes and lose connection for 20 seconds(I am reluctant to play poker until I get this fixed).

Also, the modem will make kind of a squealing noise when the connection goes out.

I have this modem, and my ISP is Road Runner. I have not called them yet, as their CS is retarded, hopefully I can get some help here.

Also, my usual setup uses a router. I tried connecting through the router, and directly from the modem to the PC, neither helped. I've tried everything I can think of. I'm guessing I might need a new modem, but I don't want to go that route yet.

Any help is appreciated.