Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-22-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Notetaking

On a PT database, I presume?

It's funny, I'm actually working on GT+/PA ripoff of my own, although it's still very early in the development.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:33 PM

Is it only me who just write "dumb", "loose caller", "loose aggressive - bluff", "2+2" ?
Old 12-22-2005, 05:40 PM

PT is too slow. Everything is imported into a MySQL db. The import takes 1/30 the time it does with PT. I have never done queries in PT, so I can't comment on that.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:22 PM

well the other day i purchased a micro cassette recorder so that I can dictate notes as I play. i stopped using pa hud and take general notes as you indicated in your op jim. Now using my new toy I am mostly dicating notes on my own play and areas for improvement. there is some software with the thing so i can download the voice files to my computer and mess with them too. It just makes it quicker than writing in the momment if i think of something i want to remember.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:56 PM

Voice recognition software should speed things up.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:25 PM

I think, for the more dynamic players, whats more important is how the opp is playing at this moment and how you've been playing when you encounter the opponent.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:15 PM

my most common notes involve the names of animals. Goose, pigeon, donkey, and monkey are the most common ones.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it only me who just write "dumb", "loose caller", "loose aggressive - bluff", "2+2" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope
Old 12-22-2005, 10:30 PM

I do it just like you do. When a player pops up with notes I refresh my mind. I may have to take several peeks. If I find his style has changed then my notes will change. Garland taught me to keep notes of CB and both pre- and post flop minraises. I only play one table so its not hard for me to keep up.

My first note on every player looks like this:

(600-6)::LP-A(D)::L@700

Translated this is $600 6-Max. LP-A speaks for itself. The D means this type of player is a donator. The last stat is a Loser at 700 hands. I use GT+ so it takes a new player a couple of hands to pop up, and I found that sometimes I need to know NOW! If there is a big jump in the hands played since I last noted then it's up to me to pay attention. That's the best I've got.

Good notes are better than none, unless their wrong.

I think another point to keep in mind is that there are players keeping notes on us. Confusion to thine enemies.

There are some obvious gaffs that one doesn't make using PT. I note these people don't use it.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use GT+ so it takes a new player a couple of hands to pop up, and I found that sometimes I need to know NOW! If there is a big jump in the hands played since I last noted then it's up to me to pay attention. That's the best I've got.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, but I just go to PT and type in the guys name if need be, only takes a few seconds

But as too notetaking, honestly I'm just too damned lazy. I might look into an automated thingy though