Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: $11: JJ early game, interesting hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call me crazy but I think I prefer to call preflop here. Play for set value and maybe for overpair value. I hate building a huge pot knowing that a least a couple of these yahoos will call, leaving me in an odd situation post-flop not knowing if they hit a set or an overcard. [shrug]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand your reasoning, but at the 11$ the chodes love to slow play. If you bet out they are forced to make a call at the very least will look suspisious. Just a thought though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suspicious? Um, no. The donks won't even think twice to call your raise here with 89s or A8o. Just because they limp and call a raise doesn't mean aces.

At any rate, how much trouble can you get in by tossing in 15 chips and seeing the flop? I like keeping the pot small and staying out of trouble in a hand like this. I'm just trying to get to level 4 with 600+ chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a mis-understanding, I was talking about betting ON the flop and you were talking about CALLING pf as apposed to raising. I could see that for sure, but I don't mind the raise from the CO with limpers from EP, unless they are being really tricky with a high PP then you most likely have the best hand. If you get chodes to call your raise with A8 or 9-8s then that must be +ev for you if you have jacks. I would be much more scared of a mini raise from UTG. BTW I don't think that the line is completely off, but I still think that a flop bet is the best way to determine where you stand.