Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-07-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Am I the only one not multitabling?

[ QUOTE ]
Wait? You can memorize the phone book blindfolded?

Teach me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, I'll teach ya. Our English Braille lessons will begin tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:19 PM

It's taken me a long time to get decent at multi-tabling. I have no idea why since I played a ton of video games and multi-task really well in general.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:35 PM

The hardest part of multi-tabling for me was dealing with tilt. Because when multitabling it's very easy to take 2 or more bad beats one after another and then it's off to the races.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:07 PM

Try playing short-handed (4-handed, 3-handed and HU mostly) intensely for a few weeks. Full ring games will seem in slo-mo after that.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

a HUD doesnt come NEAR well written and observed notes on a players tendencies.

I.e. "Player bet turn when board paired holding high cards" The day a hud tell you that will be the day bots become AWESOME.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerace is amazing if you customize it a lot and have a large db. Comparing single tabling with a bunch of people I have played with without stats for a few hundred hands and 6 tabling with over 2k datamined hands on each (no hands together) and my hud set up, I will have much better reads with the hud. This is not because i am poor at getting reads without hud.

I used to take tons of notes but stopped. Just because both times he donked the flop he showed down top pair, it doesnt mean when he will the thrid time. The opportunity cost attention wise, and the fact that you can do almost anything with HUD, and the nature of taking notes on something with sample size less then 5, means notes generally suck.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the largest mistakes most good online players make is not fully taking advantage of datamining and a good in-depth hud set-up.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The hardest part of multi-tabling for me was dealing with tilt. Because when multitabling it's very easy to take 2 or more bad beats one after another and then it's off to the races.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very intresting since tilt is one of my worst enemies... Maybe I should single table till my tiltproblems are down to a minimum and then try two tables again.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very intresting since tilt is one of my worst enemies... Maybe I should single table till my tiltproblems are down to a minimum and then try two tables again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that I am more tilty with only one table. With multiple tables things are usually more balanced instead of all bad.