Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Yo homies, Wannabe\'

[ QUOTE ]
I really want to be a LAG and win? Any suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Work on developing your hand reading skills. A LAG style gets you into a lot more difficult positions than a TAG style.

I used to be strictly a TAG, but now I'm LAG'ing it up quite a bit, but I change gears a lot. Seems to be working pretty well for me at the 100's & 200's, but I'll let you know if it really works better than the TAG approach after I get more hands.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:59 PM

Play as short as possible. Go to a newish site with only a little traffic and play 3 or 4 handed for as long as you can. You will be forced to experiment here, and your experiments will more likely pay off than at full ring. Then, if you want to expand on what you've learned, move into 6max on Party or whatever your normal haunt is. Constantly make adjustments.

I only play 6max for the exact reason that it allows me to open up my game a lot.

Oh, and I totally agree that you should get PT. You probably won't, and it's a shame. How can you really "know" if you are being LAG or TAG without stats to verify your hunches? And the thing pays for itself very quickly.

Marlow
Old 10-04-2005, 09:12 PM

if u have been playing tag 1 1/2 yrs and ur br cannot handle more than 1/1 u either have the crappiest luck i've ever heard of or you aren't really playing the best tag game in which case i think you should not try to play lag. and btw lag sucks before 5/10 or higher.