Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 05:59 PM

Default TT, every street up for grabs

Live 5/10 game. Somewhat loose-passive, only good players are bb, who is playing looser than normal since he usually plays 15/30 and 20/40 and he's bored, and CO, whose a solid thinking TAG, who only occassionally gets out of line. Anyway, two weak middle position players limp, CO raises, somewhat LAG, but non-idiot button cold calls. I call in the sb with TT, bb calls.

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12SBs)

I check, everyone checks to PFR, button calls, I call, the other three fold

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.5BBs)
I bet, CO calls, button raises, I call, button calls

River T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (13.5BBs)
I check, CO bets, button raises, I 3-bet, CO folds, button calls.

Questions:

Preflop: Should I re-raise or just call. Reraising will only drop the bb, and according to some calculations I've done in the past, TT figures to have either a slight equity edge or a slight equity deficit against a typical range of hands. And I'd like to keep the pot small, with two thinking players, so maybe I can protect my hand by check-raising if I flop an overpair.

Flop: I think the check-call is right, because I probably get raised 75% of the time if I lead.

Turn: I have no reason to suspect either of them must have a K. I don't necesarily want it checked through, and check-raising a made straight gets 3-bet by either of these players every time.

River: Would re-donking and going for a 3-bet be better, than a check-raise? (I know properly playing your monsters is overrated because it happens so rarely, but I still want to collect the maximum.)
All comments welcome, and please correct me if my thinking is flawed anywhere.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: TT, every street up for grabs

I would almost certainly 3-bet this pre-flop. I think not leading this flop is borderline criminal - you have the opportunity to trap the BB and limpers between you and the PFR and you should not be sad that this gets raised. Depending on how many come along, a 3-bet would be in order. Hard to say what to do on the turn without knowing what happens after you play the flop differently, but that card certainly does suck for you. Hard to say what to do on the river too, but I would almost certainly be leading here and hope to get in a raising war with the made straight.