Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: 6-max: Confused by the donkbet.

Alright. I guess just a note then[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 01:40 PM

I call the turn. The river is the horrifying T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. He checks and I check behind. He shows 88 and I got confused and made this post.

I think he should've 3-betted me preflop, and I actually think if he's bet-folding on the turn it might be a reasonable play: even if he figures I've got a K or a J, the A is often a scarecard for me and he can fold to a raise with a completely clear conscience. Just how often I'm folding here is, I guess, questionable, but the donkbet doesn't seem horrible.

I've not played much 6-max, and so my second and third questions are whether his turn bet is good for those reasons and what he should've done on the flop? With both the K and J out there, as well as 2 clubs, I would've just check-folded.

(yay, 1000 posts.)
Old 10-21-2005, 01:46 PM

Definitely gonna need a note on this guy now [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 01:49 PM

if button will make continuation bets the whole way thru without catching then this is an OK call if he plans on calling down without any futher scarecards, possibly wat he was intending to do. He cant do that anymore when the ace comes so instead of calling down which would now be the wrong play he is putting you to the test tryig to get u to fold a j or any other mediocre/drawing hand. his bet and folding are the only plays he really has here, folding is a the better play but seems like he was stuck to his PP and didnt want to fold
ps C/R i think for him is to risky with that board so the i see the donk bet a lot