Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 08:38 PM

Default NL 400 did I donk this up???

UTG was a SUPER DONK, raising 5,To and calling big bets with it, not sure why he folded this time, maybe cause of my stack. I have reraised him twice and both times called preflop and he folded to my flop c-bet heads up in the past 45 hands. The 2nd player seemed like a typical 31/9 player that probably lost a little bit but not horribly, what do you think of the flop decision to call or fold to his raise????

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($343.65)
UTG ($1825.52)
Button ($779.90)
Hero ($726.14)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG raises to $15</font>, Button calls $15, Hero (poster) raises to $58</font>, 1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Button calls $45.

Flop: ($139) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
\Hero bets $100</font>, Button calls $719.90 (All-In),
Old 11-03-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: NL 400 did I donk this up???

If I was button, this is exactly how I would play a set given your preflop and flop action; either that, or a pot-sized raise on the flop planning to jam the rest in on the turn. It's rarely easy to fold kings, but you can do it here provided he isn't capable of making a move (most people at nl400 aren't). Don't overplay 1 pair OOP, if you called I think you lost.

But then again I'm probably weak-tight so we'll see what everyone else says.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Re: NL 400 did I donk this up???

Probably 100% dependent on his perception of you.