Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Do you play this the same?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

SB ($18.85)
BB ($24.18)
Hero ($35.89)
MP ($23.65)
CO ($30.20)
Button ($3.95)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, MP calls $3.

Turn: ($12.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, MP calls $7.

River: ($26.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, MP raises all in $10.565, Hero calls $5.65.

Final Pot: $37
Old 10-12-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Do you play this the same?

What are you trying to accomplish with the flop CR? Also, I think the CR is too small. Turn bet seems small, not sure why you'd bet $5 on the river. River is simply if you think you're good enough getting ~8-1 on your money. You didn't supply any reads though...
Old 10-12-2005, 04:09 PM

I push the turn harder on this draw heavy of a board. I probably make a pot sized bet, but putting villain all in not a bad option. There are too many scare cards that will kill your river action, so I prefer to get it in on turn.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:23 PM

Looks like JT or 89 caught up to your Aces because: (a) you didn't check-raise high enough on the flop, &amp; (b) you didn't push on the draw-heavy turn.**

** if you were willing to push your remaining chips with AA at the end, then you should've pushed on the turn so that your opponent didn't have a chance to fold if he was holding a second-best hand and missed his draw.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:48 PM

I just bet out on this flop. C/r runs the risk of it being checked behind and you definitely don't want to give a free card on this flop.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:16 PM

I c/r the flop because if he has any sort of draw, I'm sure that he would semibluff bet the flop.

I didn't push all in on the turn because it felt like one of those overbets that would only get called by a better hand. With a $7 bet, I call still fold to a reraise all in. His most probable hand that I am ahead of is two overcards + gut straight, pocket pair + gut straight, or one pair on straight, and my bet isn't giving him the odds to chase either of those ignoring implied odds. While a flush draw is also possible, it certainly isn't more likel than all the times he'll have a set or two pair.

Probably should have checked the river though, but I felt he'd call with a lot of hands I'd beat.

Comments?