Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Screw folding aces

Same thing happened to me once (though i had only flopped a set of jacks). The very next morning I went out and bought a bigger monitor.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:28 PM

folding Aces is a preflop move. That was the point of T.A.'s post. By folding the preflop nuts, he says that he opened his game into a new mind set where he was able to view aspects of his play as he never had before... a certain poker enlightenment where he considered aspects of play like he never has before.
Folding quads is just stupid. lol.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
folding Aces is a preflop move. That was the point of T.A.'s post. By folding the preflop nuts, he says that he opened his game into a new mind set where he was able to view aspects of his play as he never had before... a certain poker enlightenment where he considered aspects of play like he never has before.
Folding quads is just stupid. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are joking right?

At least mine was a pure mistake. Way stupid... yes... The point of my post was to publicly humiliate myself for being a careless idiot.

But folding the nuts by accident is not nearly as stupid as folding them on purpose... And to anyone who wants to try it to see how they feel. Save yourself the trouble. You will feel like I did. Like an Idiot. I know what that feels like all too well. I don't need extra reminders.

Also I may be mistaken but I had the impression that Tommy's story was fiction....
Old 04-07-2005, 03:21 PM

lol... Actually, I think that was one of the true one's. I'm only saddened by the fact that the rubber band story isn't real... I pray that it is and he posted it as fiction to be nice.

Check it out at www.tiltless.com in the story archives. He makes a pretty good argument about his case. Fun read anyways. Let us know what you think about his zen approach to it... btw- Sorry about your quads.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol... Actually, I think that was one of the true one's. I'm only saddened by the fact that the rubber band story isn't real... I pray that it is and he posted it as fiction to be nice.

Check it out at www.tiltless.com in the story archives. He makes a pretty good argument about his case. Fun read anyways. Let us know what you think about his zen approach to it... btw- Sorry about your quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm he is not too clear on whether he is telling a true story or not. At first he says his teacher told him never to let the truth get in the way of a good story and then he says the story is true. I guess only tommy knows.

I didn't realize that he had all those stories on that web site. I followed a direct link from a post here. Thanks for the tip! Oh and thanks for the sentiments and don't worry about the quads. I had another quad hand today and I even managed to get it to showdown.