FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: JTs from MP

Bet the turn, homefry.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:52 PM

Thanks for the feedback, folks.

results:

UTG+1: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
MP2: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

MHIG. Well, 1/2 good, anyway.

I was confident that MP2 would bet, so I wasn't worried about giving a free card; however, in retrospect it would have been more effective to bet so MP2 could make it a 2BB cold-call for UTG+1. As played, it's too cheap for him to stay in the hand either on a draw or a made hand he was afraid would be 2nd best.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:19 PM

A single raise on the flop means absolutely nothing. He could have any KJ, QJ, KQ, 89 with a single heart, or many times without even having a single heart. The single flop raise by no means indicates a flush. 3-bet this flop, and see what his action is after. If he caps it, then you may consider slowing down depending on your read. I still may even be inclined to lead the turn and call down if raised (if I don't fill up). You definetly cannot define your opponents hand down to a flush by a single raise on the flop.

Edit: After reading everyone else's replies, it seems that most people are advocating the stop n go. This is a play that I almost never use. Although I do see the merit for it here in this hand.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was confident that MP2 would bet, so I wasn't worried about giving a free card;

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, your read was that he was loose-passive. Better to bet and be sure than to risk giving a free card. Who knows, maybe he would've raised and given you more value.