Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Obnoxious flop check ?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP folds.

River: (8.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

How's my line ? I figured they won't fold anyway (SB was 40/something small/something small) is it okay to wait for turn ? Also these guys have the tendency of betting turn what ever falls when the flop is checked so it actually gains value, no ? Is it too risky, since I'm 80% (or something) sure they won't fold
Old 09-15-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Obnoxious flop check ?

i hate this line. you lose a ton of value by getting tricky like this long term. are you really gonna wanna raise the turn if it's a king or queen even though the small blind just woke up and is betting his pair of nines?
Old 09-15-2005, 12:41 PM

I will never understand why good players start doing this. Bet for value, bet for all the times you bet with air, bet because they'll always call, bet to protect your hand, bet bet bet bet bet.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will never understand why good players start doing this. Bet for value, bet for all the times you bet with air, bet because they'll always call, bet to protect your hand, bet bet bet bet bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-15-2005, 12:52 PM

checking the flop won't help you protect your hand. Bet the flop for value and to make 2-3 outers make an incorrect call.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:11 PM

Hehe yea, I'm often a bit too anxious with this betting thing (ie. I often bet overcards from late pos etc for freecard or for fun (mostly for the first one). I think it at least is a bad habit I should get rid of?) and wasn't quite sure if this is a HORRIBLE mistake etc. Thanks for clearing it out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 02:23 PM

just bet, i dont get it. why are you playing pokah if you dont like dollas?
Old 09-15-2005, 03:10 PM

Check, if you don't like money.