Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Is Super System 2\'s NL Section Outdated?

Hey, I'm sorta new here, but I was glad to see this post in this forum. I normally lurk in B&M and only poke around here every so often. I wasn't looking to have this particular question answered, but I found it interesting. I would never have searched the archives for possible discussion on it, so I'm better off because he posted it.

If this is such a frequent topic here, then why don't you take it upon yourself to generate a sticky post that answers (or links to one) this question and the other ones that offend you so much rather than wasting your time being an ass to the poster? It's not like the search function is well regarded here. Once stuff hits the archives (everything before July 15), good luck finding it.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:36 PM

Well put.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I'm sorta new here, but I was glad to see this post in this forum. I normally lurk in B&M and only poke around here every so often. I wasn't looking to have this particular question answered, but I found it interesting. I would never have searched the archives for possible discussion on it, so I'm better off because he posted it.

If this is such a frequent topic here, then why don't you take it upon yourself to generate a sticky post that answers (or links to one) this question and the other ones that offend you so much rather than wasting your time being an ass to the poster? It's not like the search function is well regarded here. Once stuff hits the archives (everything before July 15), good luck finding it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen brother, amen.

I just hope I achieve my goal of stimulating a good, serious, intelligent discussion of the topics he addresses to get others' viewpoints.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:18 PM

You are aware that Sklansky and Ed Miller are coming out with a NL book sometime late fall/ early 2006? Supposed to be theory of no limit essentially. Perhaps the new no limit bible. In the mean time, just push all in with super premium draws and the mortal nuts on a randomized basis like Prahlad does and you'll be fine. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I generally enjoy a good debate, just not the same ones over and over.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then quit wasting my time and yours. If you don't want to participate in our discussion, don't, but keep your smart-ass comments to yourself. If you're not interested in the topic, then why even click on the post. I'll tell you why, cause you're an a-hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

OR instead of clogging up the forum with the same [censored], you could use the search function. That would be a real breath of fre\sh air.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Attn: Jake

Jake,

I'm a bit new to these boards, but I have seen a quite a few (sometimes nasty) messages from you telling people to use the search function. I know the search function isn't perfect and can be quite time consuming, so what is the problem with people posting questions that have been asked in the past?

I know you have been here for a long time, but other people haven't and I'm sure there are people who come and go here, so people will ask the same question more than once. These are obviously topics that many people find interesting, and hence, come up every so often.

I see you're not a moderator, so my question to you is: What value are you adding by scolding every person who has asked a question that has been asked in the past?

I'm sure you're frustrated seeing things more than once, but that doesn't mean everyone else is in the same situation. I don't mean to be rude but, get over it and learn to ignore these things. It creates a hostile atmosphere for everyone (as it did in this post) and adds nothing to the debate.

No ill will intended. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Grumbo
Old 10-12-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Attn: Jake

[ QUOTE ]
I see you're not a moderator, so my question to you is: What value are you adding by scolding every person who has asked a question that has been asked in the past?

I'm sure you're frustrated seeing things more than once, but that doesn't mean everyone else is in the same situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

More than once is not the same as the same questions getting asked every week. Relevance of SSII is a question that gets asked almost every week. If someone spent minimal time searching he would find this easily. It's better to just nip the lazy behavior in the bud than have him posting the same questions over and over for the next two years.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you're frustrated seeing things more than once, but that doesn't mean everyone else is in the same situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

More than once is not the same as the same questions getting asked every week. Relevance of SSII is a question that gets asked almost every week. If someone spent minimal time searching he would find this easily. It's better to just nip the lazy behavior in the bud than have him posting the same questions over and over for the next two years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know where you're coming from, but these are different people posting each of these questions. You truly can't expect to change everybody's behavior.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:04 AM

It's the same mentality that makes internet poker geeks berate other players for their awful play, rather than keeping their mouths shut and handling the situation with a little class. It is a childish, juvenile character trait. The need to correct others constantly, and thereby demonstrate ones superior understanding of things. It is alarmingly prevalent on internet message boards that are largely populated by...you guessed it, immature, know-it-all punks who think that because they can beat a 3/6 game for 2 BBs an hour, that their opinion is important. My guess is Jake and his ten million posts is 22 years old, if that. Girlfriend? Highly doubtful.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's the same mentality that makes internet poker geeks berate other players for their awful play, rather than keeping their mouths shut and handling the situation with a little class..

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's not at all the same.