Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Interesting(?) turn line ?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

What do you think of this play ? The flop was prolly questionable but the player who opened seemed to always bet the flops.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Interesting(?) turn line ?

IŽd fold the flop. The pot is tiny and you have 2nd pair with no kicker. The play at these levels is pretty passive, so if someone leads an A-board into 2 players, he has it a lot of the time.
UTG calls two cold on the flop in this tiny pot but that doesnt mean he will bet the turn in any way. coldcalling usually means a draw so he might like to take the free card on the turn. The 9 no the turn was the best card you could hope for, you shouldnt be giving free cards, they will call your bets.
It worked out rather nicely but I dont think it was a very good way to play this hand.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Interesting(?) turn line ?

Yea my line would've been to check/fold the turn if i got no help, but as mentioned, the guy who opened on flop, bet EVERY flop so I figured he was just trying to take it. I often get scared of the cold callers - although they often are on a draw, the board didn't look like there could be any reasonable draws (except for T8 or 86 for OESD), but I figured he was either on an ace or maybe two pair or something.

Although play at these pennytables is very passive, many players do infact bet even if they're on a draw when checked to.

And I would normally fold the flop 9/10 or more but in this case I was so certain that I'd get the SB to fold. The cold caller was what scared me before the turn. -.-v