Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2005, 05:54 AM

Default Mental effect of pokertracker

I have been using pokertracker for some time and have been very pleased with the ability to moniter my own play, as well as my opponents. However, recently I have noticed that the program has started to have a negative impact on me mentally. I look at my stats and obsess about the fact that my PFR isnt over 7 and that my VPIP is only 15. Now from what I can tell these stats are OK, but not perfect, but worrying about it isnt going to help. The real way to improve my game is to read here and post hands etc, not look at a 6.8% PFR and then raise KTos from EP just cause(not that I acutally do this, but I feel frustrated about it and that is not the emotion you want to play with). Also, when I have a losing session or two, I look and my dropping win rate and its kind of disapointing, even though i know my sample size is not large enough to determine a true win rate. Has anyone else noticed this? Should I avoid looking at it and only use it to track others, or is looking at my stats beneficial even if its tough to face the music about my own play/luck. (nothing more frustrating than playing back a hand where I lost the most money that session only to discover that I played it correctly.)