FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 01:51 PM

Default FF Tip

Bettis out 2 weeks

Parker will start in week 1
Old 08-29-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: FF Tip

My RBs are:

McGahee, Barber, d. Davis, C. Williams, and L. Johnson.

Would anyone drop either D. Davis or C. Williams to pick up W. Parker. Davis is scaring me a bit and his opening schedule looks a bit rough.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My RBs are:

McGahee, Barber, d. Davis, C. Williams, and L. Johnson.

Would anyone drop either D. Davis or C. Williams to pick up W. Parker. Davis is scaring me a bit and his opening schedule looks a bit rough.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are in my league, please drop d.davis.

thank you.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:58 PM

No and No.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:16 PM

no.

parker is likely to only start in week 1; so you're much better holding on to what you've got

for people with weak RB's and or a free roster spot; I think parker will be a good temporary point scorer. He's looked good so far in preseason
Old 08-29-2005, 05:16 PM

Does anyone else think that Bettis's injury could be a bit more serious than is being reported? I mean there was no contact. He just started running then went down like he was shot in the leg. Doesn't that almost always turn out to be a more serious injury?
Old 08-29-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think that Bettis's injury could be a bit more serious than is being reported? I mean there was no contact. He just started running then went down like he was shot in the leg. Doesn't that almost always turn out to be a more serious injury?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think his injury needs to be that serious in order for Parker to be a viable pickup, especially in dynasty leagues. Bettis is old. Staley is not quite as old but has a history of injury problems. Parker, playing in Week 17 versus a do-or-die Bills defense, went ape for 100+ yards on 19 carries. That's right -- a good defense versus second-string players allowed this kid to put up big numbers.

Fantasy football is about high-risk, high-reward players, at least after round six or seven. Parker may be a spectacular flameout, but when we're talking dropping a backup TE or Marcel Shipp, it's a no-brainer.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:09 PM

how hurt is staley?
Old 08-29-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think his injury needs to be that serious in order for Parker to be a viable pickup, especially in dynasty leagues. Bettis is old. Staley is not quite as old but has a history of injury problems. Parker, playing in Week 17 versus a do-or-die Bills defense, went ape for 100+ yards on 19 carries. That's right -- a good defense versus second-string players allowed this kid to put up big numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

My keeper league drafted last night. We have 7 keepers. 8 next year, and 9 then next. 12 teams.

Parker went second to last in the second round of drafting. 23rd overall or 107th overall with keepers included.

Was this too high? Do you think the Steelers will ever play someone like Willie without having him split carries with a larger back?
Old 08-29-2005, 06:46 PM

i think staley is only supposed to miss the first 3-4 weeks of the regular season....but i could be wrong