Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

[ QUOTE ]
especially if we made a point of entering the poker-room as a unit and to continue to support our unit once we are eliminated from the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

We'd be the new crew [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would be interested in this as well, but would rather get cash, either way I am interested though for whatever is offered. I also do not want to join any "army" or wear any army outfit. It reeks too much of "The Crew" and "taking the poker world by storm".

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand why someone would not want to wear a special unifrom to play poker in for a lot of reasons. But, I think this is the part of the marketing that will really appeal to poker sites and will make it very attractive to them. Please see my reply to Dogmeat for a more detailed answer in regards to wearing something unique to make us stand out from the crowd.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An idea- The prizes won by the army are split among the winner of the prize and rest of the army. I don't know what percentage is best.

That way some sort of cash is expected from this venture, plus a great rooting interest in other memebers of this army.

For example you have 25 players and we will use 50/50 split to keep things easy:

Player #2 wins $50,000
Player #17 wins $15,000

Payouts would be: Player #2 ($26,300), #17 ($8,800), everyone else ($1,300).

I think this would be one of the worse case scenarios, as the army only makes back 26% of amount invested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting idea, Owl.

Don't know though, would this be considered crossing the line in tourney rules if a large group that was playing in the tourney would also be sharing winnings?

Even if it wasn't against the rules, it could give the appearance of something not entirely above board, especially if it was viewed that army members made moves that might benefit them as unit and not individually.

Don't exactly know the answers to these questions, just playing devil's advocate.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:26 PM

I'd be interested in this. I'm am just a 1/2 and 2/4 limit player so it would have to be something that I could do within these limits. See what you can come up with and let us know.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Exactly how long would we have? My preference would be a larger time window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naturally, this is something that would have to be banged out with a site, I think a 4-5 month time period would be idea, giving the site to run a second promo within a year if possible and also giving players to make it to more than one major event a year.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:31 PM

ODoyle,
I like every aspect of this, even the uniforms. I also like the idea of sharing the revenues from said tourney amongst the group that meets the challenge. Everyone has a vested interest in everyone else. Also, while the group of us is working off the hands, there is a significant base of moral support. The more that meet the challenge, the better the chance we walk away with something from the ME. I would also suggest that the sites, in addition to the 120K hands, require us to play in a certain number of SitNGo's, MTT or HU tourneys to prep us for tourney play. Thus, they are not only helping us get a seat, but also helping to educate us in NL tourney play, again giving us a better chance of success. I hope this gets some attention from Mr True, Mr Banana, or Mr Jones. I really like the idea, and am ready to get started on my hands. Though, I still think we should have 10 - 12 months to complete it. For the peeps already 8 tabling, 120 in 4 months is nothing. For those still 2 or 3 tabling, a longer time frame might get more people interested. The way I see it, I probably play 120K hands a year. So I am going to play that much anwyay. But now, in a given month, I play 1000 hands at Party, Empire and Multi, hours each at TB, UKB, and Will Hill, 300 at Plex, etc... you get the idea. Being able to consolidate my play to one specific site would be in the sites best interest.

Also, even with a year to play, the site stands to make a significant amount of money from those that come up short (and certainly people will come up short). 119,999K hands - no seat, but lots of rake (and tourney fees) generated.

Keep up the fight. I really like the marketing idea of the uniforms and hope that will make it an easy sell to any of the poker sites.

Besides True Poker, TGC, what other sites do you think might be interested. I would think that 100 players playing 120K hands would not be so appealing to sites like Party (but maybe the skins), or Poker Stars. But who knows, Stars would probably like a monopoly on all online WSOP qualifiers?

Perhaps we even make a web page/blog to track the challenge....gaining more pub for the site. All of us post our results, and tourney practice schedule. Set up some affiliate code ODOYLEARMY05 or something similar to get more players to sign up to the site. I think this has some real potential...
Old 07-23-2005, 05:31 PM

I see what you are saying - again, I might be willing to be a part of a specific site's marketing (as a group), provided my bonus was high, but I don't want to be a 2+2 gang or army know by any name.

Good luck.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What limits would be allowed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully, it could be negotiated that a person could play any limit they would chose to qualify. I had no restriction of limits when I did the challenge at TruePoker.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The offer could be something like you have to play 120k hands within the last 9 months, or 1 year, or whatever, if it takes longer than that you don't get to go. If you play 240k hands in that time period, they send you to 2 major tournaments, 360k hands, you get to go to 3 major tournaments, etc....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idea I think that has some potential. There could be staggered events throughout the year so that a person could qualify for one or for all.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

especially if we made a point of entering the poker-room as a unit and to continue to support our unit once we are eliminated from the tourney.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'd be the new crew

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's BBill's puking bird avatar when you need it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]