Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Physics question (toilet related)

razor, in your testing do you use various fake poos that you all create in the lab? animal feces? human?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
razorbet, in your testing do you use various fake poos that you all create in the lab? animal feces? human?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 11:37 PM

what is it with the [censored] threads today?

maybe a diet with more fiber El.D, to keep that [censored] in log form.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
razor, in your testing do you use various fake poos that you all create in the lab? animal feces? human?

[/ QUOTE ]

The closest thing that we use that represents a "log" would be miso. There is an independent lab that test ours and our competitors bowls using this, so we use it as well. We are currently using miso in a condom. Really. All of them are the same size so we just keep adding these "logs" until the toilet cant handle them anymore. Pictures?

Sponges are also used, all different sizes and quanities. Lots of toilet paper. Some dye exchange tests (how much wizz is left behind.

As far as the x-1 floater problem, I can check into that. My guess would be that the jet on the bottom of the bowl probably randomly hits these "floaters" sending them to the top of the water surface therefore not being disposed of before the end of the flush cycle.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:51 PM

I never knew so much went into the flushing of a toliet, pretty cool.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All of them are the same size so we just keep adding these "logs" until the toilet cant handle them anymore. Pictures?

[/ QUOTE ]

.. +

sure why not?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:17 AM

Razorbet,
Do you live in the Sheboygan area?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My guess would be that the jet on the bottom of the bowl probably randomly hits these "floaters" sending them to the top of the water surface therefore not being disposed of before the end of the flush cycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the 4 phd's would make sure they could control "random" events in turbulent water?

Water turbulence, much like air turbulence, is extremely tough to predict, even in models like toliets, where the variables are somewhat controlled.

Regards,
Woodguy

edit: chaos theory was developed to help describe meteorlogical systems, and was quickly adapted to help decribe turbulent fluid systems under hydrolic pressure....a toliet would be similar.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The closest thing that we use that represents a "log" would be miso. There is an independent lab that test ours and our competitors bowls using this, so we use it as well. We are currently using miso in a condom. Really. All of them are the same size so we just keep adding these "logs" until the toilet cant handle them anymore. Pictures?

Sponges are also used, all different sizes and quanities. Lots of toilet paper. Some dye exchange tests (how much wizz is left behind.

As far as the x-1 floater problem, I can check into that. My guess would be that the jet on the bottom of the bowl probably randomly hits these "floaters" sending them to the top of the water surface therefore not being disposed of before the end of the flush cycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

What Dom is to women, you are to excrement disposal.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My guess would be that the jet on the bottom of the bowl probably randomly hits these "floaters" sending them to the top of the water surface therefore not being disposed of before the end of the flush cycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the 4 phd's would make sure they could control "random" events in turbulent water?

Water turbulence, much like air turbulence, is extremely tough to predict, even in models like toliets, where the variables are somewhat controlled.

Regards,
Woodguy

edit: chaos theory was developed to help describe meteorlogical systems, and was quickly adapted to help decribe turbulent fluid systems under hydrolic pressure....a toliet would be similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

My theory probably explains why I test and record results. Fluid Mechanics is not my strong suit.